App: Magic Earth - Navigation 2D/3D - on und offline use

4x4tripping

Adventurer
magic-earth-Appreview-2022-Navigation-app-3d-maps-offline-offroad.JPG

Shortly before the holidays I read about a new app (for me) - Magic Earth. Curious as I am, I sighed at first (not yet an app) - but then downloaded the (free) app anyway. I'm still completely amazed - what the little helper can do.

The "Magic Earth" app has the potential to take over or replace several apps for travel needs from the smartphone, at least for me. These include notable candidates such as Mapout, Maps.Me, Here, MotionX, and Google Maps.

- 2D & 3D map view
- Satellite/terrain/road view
- hybrid view satellite & 3D
- offline capable (download per country)
- Traffic jam bypass (if online)
- Carplay integration
- and much more(!!!)

The app is available free of charge in your app store (Android/iOS).

I wrote a more detailed review here: https://vanlife.4x4tripping.com/2022/09/magic-earth-navigation-app.html

For holidays in more expensive roaming-fee countries, making the map material available in advance in several apps for offline use - this will no longer apply to me in the future.

Happy testing!

trippin

4x4tripping

Adventurer
The new Beta-Version includes too the vehicle dimensions & weight for the routing.

Helful for trucks and bigger RVs, that the routing too can consider the max load of the bridges!

Openstreetmaps is wiki based, anyone is able to update the mapssource - so the quality of the mapsource is up 2 us!

trippin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles