Anything changing with James Baroud?

ttengineer

Adventurer
Do you have to set up the awning to use the tent or can you still use the tent without setting up the awning?

You could but you’d have to use the other side of the tent as the awning would block the ladder hooks for a correct ladder angle.

Unless, you mount the awning well under the tent so as the rolled up awning does not extend past the limits of he tent shell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carbon60

Explorer
You could but you’d have to use the other side of the tent as the awning would block the ladder hooks for a correct ladder angle.

Unless, you mount the awning well under the tent so as the rolled up awning does not extend past the limits of the tent shell.

Meaning you can use one side of the tent with the awning and the other without it. Seems pretty smart, to me.

A.

I just picked up my standard awning today. It's small enough when mounted beneath my rack to remain out of the way so you can use the tent alone with the awning folded. I would imagine that you could arrange the Falcon 270 so that you could keep it folded and still be able to use the ladder depending on how you mount it on your rack. I spoke with a rep from the company and one reason they only have the driver's side option now is they are working on a version that will cover the entire rear of your vehicle (drivers, rear and passenger sides), so stay tuned!

I would appreciate it if you could put a bug in JB ear on a shorter version. 78-80” would be ideal.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would you prefer a 6 1/2 foot awning over an 8 1/2 foot one? I was afraid the 270cm (8 1/2') would be too short, but it's actually just right for me.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Because I want an awning just over the bed. I keep it low, for aerodynamics and easy accessibility. My truck is nearly 7’ tall at the top of the cab. This way I don’t need a stool to access the tent or awning and can still stand under the awning without crouching and the awning is nice and tucked out of the way when closed.

cff6b8f0a591ddbd6af5411bfe6eae58.jpg

73fef3220cd9a664a6f45bfd0014a1b1.jpg

2fb9ef16908c1624e2b71cb9bcfaef1b.jpg

Because I want an awning just over the bed. I keep it low, for aerodynamics and easy accessibility. My truck is nearly 7’ tall at the top of the cab. This way I don’t need a stool to access the tent or awning and can still stand under the awning without crouching and the awning is nice and tucked out of the way when closed.

cff6b8f0a591ddbd6af5411bfe6eae58.jpg

73fef3220cd9a664a6f45bfd0014a1b1.jpg

2fb9ef16908c1624e2b71cb9bcfaef1b.jpg

Looks perfect!

concretejungle

Adventurer
I would appreciate it if you could put a bug in JB ear on a shorter version. 78-80” would be ideal.

is this a serious request?! I already think they are too short. That has really been my only real criticism of mine...other than the thousand zippers.

ttengineer

Adventurer
is this a serious request?! I already think they are too short. That has really been my only real criticism of mine...other than the thousand zippers.

Yes. See posts above as to my reasons why.

I don’t want some giant ****** awning sticking way up in the air on the side of my truck. I want enough shade and cover for a changing/guest area and a covered square back for cooking and eating. Plus I’ll keep my other 78” awning on the other side for a second covered entrance for when nature calls at night.

I talked to Antonio in Portugal. I'm quoting : "We have a new dealer, he has no tents in stock yet, will receive the first container in November." So, maybe there is a new dealer besides Adventure Ready.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
Adventure ready won’t return my phone calls or emails so either they are super busy, or no longer a JB dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior