Anything changing with James Baroud?

Nathansharkey80

I would guess that the tunnel rail that connects the tunnel to the tent can be installed on any tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathansharkey80

It would be a loss of potential customers who have already invested in other tents to make it proprietary to only James baroud tents. So I am hoping that this rail can be installed on any tent.

It would be a loss of potential customers who have already invested in other tents to make it proprietary to only James baroud tents. So I am hoping that this rail can be installed on any tent.

Proprietary to James Baroud sorry. Might be able to make something work but it’s not something we offer, sorry.

ttengineer

Adventurer

The rail that is epoxied into place is made specifically to fit the curves of the JB tent.

But if you could find a rail that will work with another tent manufacturer I would say go for it.

@adventureready

What are the closed dimensions of the awning? Specifically, how long is it when closed? It appears to be longer than the normal tunnel awning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dozer Dan

Observer
The sail strip rail is pretty standard. You may have to find one to better match your tent and then figure out where exactly to mount it but that shouldn't be that big of an issue.
I think the tunnel itself is a bit of a faff though, not particularly impressed.
I do like the awning though, I'd love to see one up close.

The rail that is epoxied into place is made specifically to fit the curves of the JB tent.

But if you could find a rail that will work with another tent manufacturer I would say go for it.
@adventureready

What are the closed dimensions of the awning? Specifically, how long is it when closed? It appears to be longer than the normal tunnel awning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is an 8’ (2.5m) length. Most of the 270-degree awnings our there are this size.

I don’t think that rail is proprietary. I think any sail rail should work. But we need to confirm this.

It actually is - the track with the tunnel kit a is specifically made for the curvature of the James Baroud tents. You may be able to find a track that you could attach to your tent, but it’s not something we provide.

Nathansharkey80

It is an 8’ (2.5m) length. Most of the 270-degree awnings our there are this size.

It actually is - the track with the tunnel kit a is specifically made for the curvature of the James Baroud tents. You may be able to find a track that you could attach to your tent, but it’s not something we provide.

I am just wondering if the edge profile on the tunnel is shaped or if it is straight. If it is straight, a person should be able to come up with a fit on any tent. It is is curved to match the tent profile, then it will be more difficult.

Cool looking awning. I don't understand why it's driver's side only though. Seems like most people put their awnings on the passenger side.

Safe to assume if I already have the previous tunnel/awning, I can re-use the tunnel portion with this 270 awning?

Are the walls and net room the same height as those for the 2.0/2.5m awnings? I have them for my 2.0, but due to height of truck they are about 6"-8" short of reaching the ground.

Cool looking awning. I don't understand why it's driver's side only though. Seems like most people put their awnings on the passenger side.

Portugal and most other countries in the world generally do (our) driver’s side (left side). There is a right hand option coming.

Is there any chance JB will make that new awning in a 78” or 80” version?

I do not know, sorry. Possibly but it would be a little while if so.

Safe to assume if I already have the previous tunnel/awning, I can re-use the tunnel portion with this 270 awning?

Are the walls and net room the same height as those for the 2.0/2.5m awnings? I have them for my 2.0, but due to height of truck they are about 6"-8" short of reaching the ground.

Yes, the tunnels are designed to work with any awning. I believe they are but I do not know for certain. I can measure these this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles