Anyone using this camp stove & case ?

gxout

Looks very similar to the Stanport version (Amazon Link) that has gotten good reviews. Not sure if there is much difference between this, Stanport or Camp Chef.

WOODY2

Adventurer
The 25k burners are a plus but I question if the side windscreens fold outward to allow for a large pan? Bet these can consume vast amounts of fuel too.

gxout

The Stansport that I linked just dropped in price so I snagged one. We'll see how it works when it shows up.

gxout

gxout
Tell us about the Stansport

I haven't had a chance to use it out camping yet due to Corona, but seems decent for the money. It is not a super high quality stove but for the price that was known and good enough (think average Chinese quality). I'd agree with most of the reviews you read online either bass pro or amazon (i assume its the same grill just rebranded). Thin metal (keeps it from being heavy), little manufacturing defects (one of the wind block catches is too high so takes some extra force to push into place - look at the left side of my picture, you'll see it not attached), burners get very hot. So far happy with the purchase. I really wanted a 3 burner stove so that i could put a small griddle on one side and still have room for a skillet or pot.

The bass pro bag fits it perfectly, its durable and enough padding to keep it protected while traveling. The pics online for most of the others do not appear to have any padding. None of these cases will protect it from a decent fall, but that's not why I got it. After reading all the other reviews/pictures for grill bags, this is the one to get 100%. I've got a friend with the leather Colman grill bag (https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Stove-Carry-Case-Black/dp/B00ISKDOEI) and I'd take this one every time.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_095338.jpg
    IMG_20200308_095338.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200225_201221-2.jpg
    IMG_20200225_201221-2.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: WVI

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
If so, what are your thoughts ?

Outstanding aside from the idiotic California required Prop 65 warning. I live in California so I dare not purchase this,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles