Anyone using the Overland Pros "Panamint 2000" tent?

SBSYNCRO

Looks like a lighter weight knock off of the OZtent and less than 1/2 the price (on sale right now for $325 - that seems too good to be true). But I wonder about materials, construction quality, and after sale support (accessories, etc).

The awning looks like it is part of the rain fly (which is included, unlike an Oztent) but appears to be much lighter weight material.

My large dome tent has finally had enough, so I'm looking for another tent, but want something I can pitch to my vehicle with an awning. Only need room for me or me and one other,

Edit: Just discovered this:

SBSYNCRO

I'm quite surprised how little buzz there is about this tent. I guess its no wonder that Tepui and CVT both discontinued their similar ground tents given the lack of interest. Apparently us Yanks don't like to carry as much bulky crap as our Aussie brethren... ;-)

WOODY2

Adventurer
Lack of floor dimensions and ht of 79" but in reality only as you go out the door? Chinese knock off.

SBSYNCRO

Lack of floor dimensions and ht of 79" but in reality only as you go out the door? Chinese knock off.

Lack of floor dimensions? 2m x 2m seems huge to me! :)

But for $325 a lot less painful than $800 to $1,300 if one doesn’t like the idea of this sort of tent. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOODY2

Adventurer
Lack of floor dimensions? 2m x 2m seems huge to me! :)

But for $325 a lot less painful than $800 to $1,300 if one doesn’t like the idea of this sort of tent. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry didn't see opened dimensions, none the less pretty small. I'd be curious to see purchased reviews.

moose545

I'd go Gazelle over this in a second, I bought a 3-person and saw both models at Expo East, but returned it and went RTT cause I ended up being able to at the time. They're still good ground options, quick and roomy, but I JUST bought a new ground tent last year not anticipating I'd have a RTT so soon, so no need for another and then try and sell my Kelty and loose my @$$ on it.

SBSYNCRO

I'd go Gazelle over this in a second, I bought a 3-person and saw both models at Expo East, but returned it and went RTT cause I ended up being able to at the time. They're still good ground options, quick and roomy, but I JUST bought a new ground tent last year not anticipating I'd have a RTT so soon, so no need for another and then try and sell my Kelty and loose my @$$ on it.

I assume you're talking about the Gazelle T3 and T4 "hub tents"? They look cool for fair weather, but I have a hard time trusting tents with tiny top-hat rain flies - I've seen too many single-wall tents with skimpy rain flies fail DRAMATICALLY in foul weather. I'd be curious how one of these would stand up to a real rain storm. The removable floor seems like a really cool idea... No vestibule/porch so gear has to go inside, but that can be dealt with. Sure would be nice to have something tall enough to change clothes without laying down.

Thanks for pointing these out, though - its another option to consider that I was not aware of.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles