anyone using buckstop bumpers?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I need new bumpers for my suburban, I found buckstop which look pretty good. I would have to modify my plow mount to extend a bit further. but I think this bumper is very nice and solid.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I looked hard at the Buckstop bumpers when shopping for my Nissan Titan and I ultimately went with an ARB front bumper and Ruenell rear bumper (now owned by Buckstop). I really liked the front receiver mount on the Buckstop and the quality looked excellent however it was cheaper to go the ARB route due to low-cost shipping from one of the on-line 4x4 retailers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Cheers

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Thanks. It's one of the few bumpers that don't look like it was designed by mad max. The bumper designs today are TERRIBLE!

Flat Out

Observer
Buckstop

Here's one of their first, it came with a grey powder coating, that wasn't the best, I didn't like grey anyway, but other than that, a great bumper, I do have a Reunell on the rear.

Attachments

• img_0508 (1).jpg
    img_0508 (1).jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 125

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
What year is your Suburban, I have a buckstop I was gonna put on my wife's Tahoe, but plans changed and I'd make you a sweet deal.

bas157

Just put a rear on my F-250 last week. Got it used from Ebay. Bolted right on with no problem. Had a Dodge front and rear before. The front was sweet! Very heavy though but had to be crazy strong if needed to be used for bumping into 'stuff'
I have a TJM aluminum front I just put on my Superduty last week. My short list that I spent many years looking for a used front was Buckstop, ARB, and TJM....found the TJM first but wouldn't have hesitated if I found a Buckstop first.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I do and I chose Buckstop for the same reasons you are looking at them. Every other bumper looked too clunky.
Chevy%20mods%20027-L.jpg

Chevy%20mods%20029-L.jpg

Coyote%20Flats%20July%202015%20175-L.jpg

The brackets fit great. I didn't have to massage/bend/elongate any holes or do anything else but bolt them on.
Jack

rayra

Expedition Leader
I thought that 'deer proof' grill guards were supposed to tilt out, like a sort of inverted cow catcher, so a deer (or whatever) is driven under the vehicle? The ones pictured so far look like regular vertical grill guards.

D45

Explorer
This was my old truck, 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab4x4 , Long Bed, Cummins

This is a Buckstop Baja Series.........LOVE THE BUMPER

Rock solid, great fit and finish, STOUT brackets
IMG_20140403_170826_006-1_zpsiwd2bkkg.jpg

IMG_20140403_170742_715-2_zpsezkymcq7.jpg

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Buckstop made the front bumpers for our 1997-2001 Ford Expedition "Mike" Unit Border Patrol vehicles. A fantastic front bumper. "Nudged" more than one vehicle with them.

LosAngeles

Looking for the most deer strike protection

For a 2019 Ford F-350.

BUCKSTOP gets some bad reviews on Yelp

What do people recommend ?

Thanks

j.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles