anyone using buckstop bumpers?

Wilbah

Adventurer
Interesting. Many times I figure a company that has sudden success has growing pains but then takes the steps necessary to fix the issues. As a result many times I will look at the dates of reviews to see if all the problems were X years ago but the recent ones are good I figure they got the service figured out (I do the same with electronics that may have had a firmware update or qhatever). But some of the issues identified in the Yelp reviews are recent. Too bad as their products look good. But the issues identified are unacceptable IMO unless you can take the bumper right then and there. (And maybe have it Line-X'd or something so you dont have the powder coat issues). Yeesh. That sucks.

tmacc

I ordered one last week. I found the customer service to be acceptable. I called and left a message. They called me back the next day. I had a hard time making up my mind on the style and someone answered my calls when ever I called after that initial call. They had suggestions and photos for designs that aren't shown on the website. I change my order once. I did order the aluminum bumper. The uprights(?) and tubing is still steel. It bolts to the bumper. I don't have a problem with that. I'll have to wait and see how the powder coating holds up. You can order them bare and have them LineX'd if you want.
I also checked into the Aluminess bumpers and actually like their style better. I chose the Buckstop due to thicker aluminum on the bumper itself. 1/4''-3/8'' vs. 3/16''. They are more expensive than Aluminess.

lilkia

What year is your Suburban, I have a buckstop I was gonna put on my wife's Tahoe, but plans changed and I'd make you a sweet deal.

Since he didnt answer I might be interested if hes not. I have an 01 2500. What year is yours for and where are you located?

tmacc

My bumper shipped. It's available for pick up at ODL tomorrow. It took 4 weeks, which is what I was told when I ordered it.

tmacc

I picked up the bumper today. It came in a huge pallet/box combo. The forklift driver helped me get it out of the pallet/box and into the truck. Initial impression is that they do a heck of a job packaging the bumper and grill guard. Lots of foam, cardboard and stretchy wrapping plastic. All of the brackets were wrapped and well padded. No rub marks. Since we're in the middle of a major house remodel and the weather is...well, wintery, I took it to our storage unit. It could be a while before I get it installed. This thing is beefy and well fabbed and the powdercoat looked pretty thick and durable. Since that seems to be the thing that most folks on yelp in years past have complained about, only time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz