Anyone using an GMC AT4 or any other GM pickup for overlanding?

I have had the same good life from multiple GM pickups. I ran a fleet of 2500 and 3500HD pickups and we changed all the diffs, transfer case and transmission fluids at 30K, we changed belts and tension pulleys at 110K usually with the brakes at the 110K service. Can't remember being let down in the boonies in an expected life of 200k. Wasn't the cost of repairs that we feared, it was the lost opportunity of charging for our time.
But, if you take care of any brand, it will usually take care of you. Also we drove 1/3 of our miles on gravel roads.

hydro work?

hdhp

I really struggles to understand why GM is like this...
The largest manufacturer with huge recourses can't get things fully done.

Also these days why is it hard to make a good V8? Like it's been here 100 years. And it not some Belorussian tractor company, we are talking about GM.

For the record I like how new GM Sierra 2500 looks. On the other hand the 2500 Silverado is ugly.

LD5050

Dead thread revival. Anyone making progress on their GMC rig lately? About to pull the trigger on a Sierra 1500 and other than the ExpO truck haven’t really seen too much.

jeep364

Dead thread revival. Anyone making progress on their GMC rig lately? About to pull the trigger on a Sierra 1500 and other than the ExpO truck haven’t really seen too much.
I don't know if all 1500s have the carbon pro bed, but that may limit some slide in options. Just fyi.

One of our customers uses an AT4. He is the owner of Taruca. He is running a Leitner bed rack and our roof rack. I've seen a few others and we also carry some winch bumpers for the Sierra trucks.
IMG_5958 (1).jpg

blacklbzbeauty

The 2024 GMC HD AT4x AEV edition looks interesting.
The "Sierra Grande" prototype with a tray back shown at SEMA was pretty cool as well.
Thinking this may just be the start for AEV partnering with GMC.
It's about time GMC got its act together. Ford and Ram have been eating their lunch in the HD offroad category.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior