Anyone using an GMC AT4 or any other GM pickup for overlanding?

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
The new 6.6 gasser is a flop, and it was mated to an archaic 6 speed trans, compairing that to what ford and ram offer you would have thought gm would have upped their game

I really struggles to understand why GM is like this...
The largest manufacturer with huge recourses can't get things fully done.

Also these days why is it hard to make a good V8? Like it's been here 100 years. And it not some Belorussian tractor company, we are talking about GM.

For the record I like how new GM Sierra 2500 looks. On the other hand the 2500 Silverado is ugly.

emulous74

I think the next step up are the new ZR2 Silverado and AT4x Sierra on the Light Duty Trucks, there are rumors that their will be AT4x and ZR2 versions of the Heavy Duty Trucks, and there are further rumors of AEV enhanced versions (like the Colorado Bison) in the works too.

Explorerinil

Observer
I really struggles to understand why GM is like this...
The largest manufacturer with huge recourses can't get things fully done.

Also these days why is it hard to make a good V8? Like it's been here 100 years. And it not some Belorussian tractor company, we are talking about GM.

For the record I like how new GM Sierra 2500 looks. On the other hand the 2500 Silverado is ugly.
Your right, I would say the new Silverado is probably the ugliest truck ever made, I can’t believe gm ok’d that design.

pith helmet

Looks like I am about to be back in a full size GMC with a new AT4. How are you guys liking them so far? I’m really going to miss not caring about pin striping….for a while.

ABBB

I’ve loved my ZR2 Bison and put some great miles in doing backcountry trails and camping since I got it 10 months ago. Sadly we’ve outgrown it too quickly and the family needs a bigger rig. Wish I didn’t have to let it go. I’m 100% endorse this as a capable off roader. Only thing that hung me up was deep, sticky mud. Got out of some of it in South Dakota but Oregon mud sucked me in and kept. Would have done better with a different tire. Thank goodness for my winch! I am trying to sell mine fully built out before I part it out. In case anyone is curious:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I think the next step up are the new ZR2 Silverado and AT4x Sierra on the Light Duty Trucks, there are rumors that their will be AT4x and ZR2 versions of the Heavy Duty Trucks, and there are further rumors of AEV enhanced versions (like the Colorado Bison) in the works too.
They’d have to ditch that torsion bar system with its 1” of wheel travel if they do a zr2 heavy duty.

pith helmet

Change you mind on the Tacoma? Going with a 2022 'limited' or the newly revised 2022 with the new interior?
The Limited. The Tacoma seating is killing me, but I do love the truck, especially when it comes to going down logging roads and fire lanes...but I spent 6 hours in the saddle yesterday and another 6 stepping in stump holes and trying to finish off my knees jumping across creeks....time to go full sized again.

hdhp

I have 21 AT4 not a real overlander but I use it for plenty ,i have a Bak x4 cover and have been looking for a rack. found some nice ones but they are pricey
View attachment 700402

Check out my build 2022 Silverado 2500HD with topper......

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The Limited. The Tacoma seating is killing me, but I do love the truck, especially when it comes to going down logging roads and fire lanes...but I spent 6 hours in the saddle yesterday and another 6 stepping in stump holes and trying to finish off my knees jumping across creeks....time to go full sized again.
I get that. When are you supposed to get the new truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior