Anyone using a VW Touareg

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
I own a base model 2008 Touareg with steel suspension rather then air. I have taken it on some pretty challenging trails and I've been pleased with its performance. The only thing i've done to it is installing 265/65 R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA/KO's and a full size spare. Next on my list is a roof basket. My only regret is the lack of aftermarket parts for the Touareg. Just finding decent metal skid plates is near impossible.

my1stcummins

Adventurer
9080212.010.1M.jpg

This would be what I would do with a Touareg. A TDI would be pretty fantastic I think. The 4.2V8 has tons of power and sounds pretty sweet, but my neighbor who had one said it guzzled the gas.

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
arkol264.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
i forgot his screen name but "sam"had one on our trans AR to OK trip with central overland ,i was very impressed ,the tourrig rocked ...went everywhere we did ..even if he had blue tape all down the side to save the paint ..

addicted56

Adventurer
I'm on Club Touareg as well but wondering if anyone on here (that wasn't over there) has done anything recently? The thread kinda died. Getting excited to get mine back here in a month or so (after having it down since September when I bought it). Will be awhile before I do much to it but would love to get out and do some light wheeling and see some of the outdoors here in the south.

xordium

Hey addicted. I'll be doing London-Sydney this year in a Touareg 2008 V6 TDI. Currently in prep, vehicle scheduled to be shipped to Southhampton early April, and we'll be departing London late June. Route is Europe - Russia - Kazakhstan - Mongolia - China - Laos - Thailand - Malaysia - Singapore, ship to Darwin - Sydney, arrive mid Dec.

Jakes01234

Explorer
I know old thread but I like touaregs and keep considering them.
I dropped off my vw for service and they gave me a loaner touareg. Its a 2012 v6 base model.
I have a semi steep incline in my parking lot so I decided to see how it handled this small paved incline.
qy7y2ahu.jpg

As you can see it spun tire to get up. I used off road mode and it drove up with minimal tire slippage.
That photo has air under the tire. Not much droop.
3y4ybu9y.jpg

Road manners were fantastic and seats were amazingly comfortable. It was very inviting to drive and don't really have any complaints about it.
MPG's where around 18 which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

addicted56

Adventurer
Ended up selling mine but it did great the one time I took it off road. The rear locker, air suspension and great turning radius made it a lot of fun. Could have been the best vehicle I had ever owned if it wasn't such a POS.

Jakes01234

Explorer
Lol what a perfect last statement.
There's a lot to be desired from audi/vw in the electronics department.
I had a c5 a6 that never left me stranded but all electronics were insane. It had the 4.2 so that was never an issue.
I now have a TDI 2013 sportwagen with 500 miles on it. So far quality seems better than previous generations.
I hope the same goes with the touareg.
I really like there TDI in that platform

BPMOU

Observer
Lol what a perfect last statement.
There's a lot to be desired from audi/vw in the electronics department.
I had a c5 a6 that never left me stranded but all electronics were insane. It had the 4.2 so that was never an issue.
I now have a TDI 2013 sportwagen with 500 miles on it. So far quality seems better than previous generations.
I hope the same goes with the touareg.
I really like there TDI in that platform

We bought my wife a 2014 Sportwagen TDI this past May and it's been great. It's our third VW and it does seem a lot better built than previous generations.

I have had some seat time in the new Touraeg and love them, but at $50k I'm going to lean toward a 3/4 or 1 ton crew cab diesel, better towing and more utility with lower gas mileage.

Jakes01234

Explorer
The price is steep but already having a 2500 and 5500 I can't justify another truck but some how in my insane mind I can justify the TDI Treg... 30mpgs helps and with 2 kids and a big dog an SUV works the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles