Anyone using a new Ford Superduty with the 6.2L?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
More than happy with the 6.2 in our 2011

It will replace the old 7.3, as soon as I find the time to build the custom flatbed for it.
Just sold the bed and oem bumpers today, so sooner the better :)

Compared to the old iron, this is twice the truck, with comparable power, and much lower maintenance costs.

SD00012.jpg

CodyB

Observer
Thanks for the info so far. For those of you with experience driving the 6.2L Superduty trucks, how would the truck handle Toyo R/T tires in 285/75/r18 with the 3.73 rear end? I have been pleased with these tires on my 2500 Cummins and would likely stick to the same tire on a new truck. There might have been a slight decrease in mpg switching to the Toyos from stock on my Cummins and no noticeable decrease in power but we are talking about different engines with the 6.2L and the 6.7 Cummins.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Yep

Im running the same size tire in the AT2

Does just fine. Just let her rev. The 6.2 loves RPM

bozzy

I have a 2017 F350 6.2l 4x4 with the rear locker, CC 6’9” bed, and 4.30 gears w/ 35’s. We just got back from a month in Baja towing a small trailer (2000#’s), and had the truck loaded with water, fuel, lots of tools, and a family of 4. With mixed driving (on/off road), and airing down as low as 18psi we were averaging 9-10mpg per the truck computer.

I did a lot of research before the purchase, as I wanted to convince myself I should get another diesel. It didn’t work. The engine weighs about 900lbs less, our payload is about 3500, and I saved 9k on the price of the truck. Truck has more than enough power for my needs, and has never felt sluggish to me. That was my big concern I guess. I have no regrets. Most the people we camp with regularly have newer diesels of various brands, and it seems that at least 1 of our group has an issue related to the emissions every few trips.

In my opinion, the gentleman that recommended you stay gas unless you frequently are towing in the 10-12k range, gave you very sound advice. If you do go with a heavier truck camper you will have that much more payload to play with.

Sorry for the novel.C6FD1CEE-C9E4-4CA9-A7FB-3CCB18183B79.jpeg

Explorerinil

Observer
I got the last of the 5.9 Cummins by two months. It and the truck have been great.
However,if I got a new one it would be the Ford 6.2. So a 7.0 is coming out?
Even the new gassers with the stop/start feature is spooky. I was next to an F-150 yesterday at an intersection. The truck started up and I thought what?
Cylinder shutdown same way.
Keep what you got! At work I have an 18 f150 with the 5.0, the auto stop feture can be turned on and off with the push of th button, but it defaults back to original every time you turn the truck off. After 9200 miles (police vehicle). It’s on its 4 th recall, 3rd check engine light and 1 oil leak. It’s a nice quiet truck but I wouldn’t buy one, it feels really cheap. Take in mind you see allot of ford fleet vehicles, that is not due to quality, that’s due to cost, when you can buy a brand new f150 fleet truck for 22k that’s unbeatable.

Ford makes some nice vehicles, I’m not bashing them, the f250 and f359 seam to be well built and mostly problem free. I can’t say the same about the rest of their products.

hemifoot

Observer
our whole fleet of work trucks are superduty fords with the gasser.i like them so much my ram heavy duty is getting traded in for one as soon as it's paid off this spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles