anyone using a F150 supercab with 8 foot box?

autism family travels

There is one for sale around me for a great deal. Elderly owned, well maintained not a crap ton of miles on it. Anyone using one of these for camping and exploring?

Machinebuilder

I ha e a 2011 F150 extended cab 8’. bed,4x4 5.0 heavy payload, with a FWC Granby shell. This is the 8200lb GVW, means a 2200lb payload capacity. It’s the 7 lug wheel. It’s not a small truck, I park in the back of parking lots.

I didn’t have to do anything to the suspension to haul the camper, I am over due for shocks on it. It turns out it might not be simple, I am not finding anyone that lists non OEM shocks for it. Blistering told me they can not recommend any for it as they have not done any testing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Grassland

Thats a long beast. I usually see them for fleet trucks. The payload is nice. Depends on how off road you want to get, the wheelbase is murder, and you can't turn worth a damn. But if you are using it to transport yourself to a more base camp sort of setting with quad or dirt bikes or bicycles then it could be a good idea.

Machinebuilder

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Even if Bilstein 4600's are damped a little too light because they're for regular 150's, they'd likely work just fine.

Machinebuilder

Even if Bilstein 4600's are damped a little too light because they're for regular 150's, they'd likely work just fine.

Thanks, I was looking at the 6100’s but shied away when I was t sure about the differences.

I haven’t had enough time to see if the rest of the parts are the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles