Anyone try this fridge?

TantoTrailers

It is the perfect size for my rear galley cooler tray. I couldn’t find any posts with this brand name so I figured I would ask. None of the big name brands make anything that would fit my setup unfortunately.

Ausranvik 26-Quart Portable Fridge Car Refrigerator Car Fridge Car Freezer -4°F ~ 68°F - 12V/24V DC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNNMY58/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_OqcGDbEEPNTB1

I will most likely pull the trigger on it for curiosity sake and post up my findings but if anyone has tried it please let me know your feedback!

Ty ty

TantoTrailers

Got the fridge, looks pretty awesome and it fits perfectly although I did have to remove the handles from my Orca to get both to fit. I will be doing some power draw tests to see how it all stacks up. More soon.

Trying to determine if I need the cover or not. It is nice and reflective but the fridge will never see any direct sunlight. It will be in that galley and I have a batwing awning for shade. Any thoughts?

FE0D68C9-4ECC-40F0-859C-C3394DB44B88.png

4F8E01E9-7527-4176-9E36-AFA9439479D8.png

036EBA5B-A888-430B-B7E6-7BC8685C554F.png

shade

I've never heard of the brand but it's a good looking fridge.

Trying to determine if I need the cover or not. It is nice and reflective but the fridge will never see any direct sunlight. It will be in that galley and I have a batwing awning for shade. Any thoughts?

I think you may need to ventilate that galley, and there doesn't seem to be much of a gap between the door and the fridge grill.

TantoTrailers

Good mf’n point...are there any good stormproof vents? Possibly one with a little fan I can install on either side of my rig?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Nice Fridge TT, I have seen them for sale over here too, I was going to get one because I wanted a smaller / lighter fridge but I ended up buying a Snomaster which was a big mistake because it Chews power like you would not believe,

Looking forward to your tests, That's a nice setup you have there, maybe you could post some pictures of the Trailers as well if you get time,

good luck.

TantoTrailers

Thanks man Im excited to give the fridge a full use test this weekend. I actually decided to ditch both coolers and attempt to go with just the fridge so that I could put my dry food crate next to it on the tray. The crate is always in the way of my kitchen drawers and to get into them I have to move it every time then back again. The 2 coolers gave me 40qt of space that required ice or frozen things to cool. The fridge is 26qt so I think that 14qt loss is probably close to a wash not needing the ice space.

20190925_194908~2.jpg

More on the trailers soon. Planning 2 longer 10' builds in the winter! Stay tuned! I do have a website ;) if you wanna take a peak at the current prototype!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Nice One TT,

Before you pack any food in there turn it on and set it to maximum Cold for about 12 to 24 hours from the AC Supply so it does not waste the DC power when you are ready to set off.

If you want to keep Frozen food in there and Normal fridge food like milk and Cheese and Butter and Drinks in there, Then pre freeze your frozen goods in the House freezer and set this freezer to about -12*c / 10*f or -10*c / 14*f then load it up with the frozen goods and then add the fridge food to the shelf area above the compressor if there is one, If Not then put the frozen food in the bottom and use a sheet of polystyrene to cover it and put the fridge Goods in the top Ok, that way you can get away with using just the fridge unless you want to take a few of them Blue Freeze Blocks along and take a small cooler for Dairy food and Drinks, doing this you would want to set the Fridge down to -16*c / 3.2*f or -18*c / 0*f and your good to go, ok.

good luck mate and have fun. ?

Last edited:

TantoTrailers

Thanks for the tips! I will be pre-chilling and loading up the fridge tonight for my trip tomorrow. I don't think I will have any frozen items this time around, I will have drinks dairy and some lunchmeats in there. If using it as just a fridge, what is the best temp to keep it at? I have read that somewhere in the 34f range is ideal and most energy efficient?

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Thanks for the tips! I will be pre-chilling and loading up the fridge tonight for my trip tomorrow. I don't will have any frozen items this time around, I will have drinks dairy and some lunchmeats in there. If using it as just a fridge, what is the best temp to keep it at? I have read that somewhere in the 34f range is ideal and most energy efficient?
Well I always keep mine at 2*c which is between 35 and 36*f, because anything below that and things start to freeze because all the cold Air sinks to the bottom and at that temp frost starts to form in the inside walls, Drinks at that temp are real cold if they are in there a while but not cold enough to give you brain Freeze, lol.

One thing I have noticed is that when set to 2*c / 35.6*f milk will Last way longer than its sell By Date, UN Like with a Domestic Fridge, For some reason it is not unusual to have milk last at leased a week longer when set at 2*c etc, And it is a nice Temp for Beer and Coke etc, but if you do put fizzy drinks in there Until you get to know how it performs don't go setting it any colder than these temps for now, Ok

hope that helps, ?

TantoTrailers

I'm really diggin the extra space without a cooler and fridge only. Loaded it up and I am running it overnight on AC then onto battery when I hit the road. I put a temp guage in the galley and closed the door for an hour while the fridge ran inside. The garage air temp is at 75f. The 1 hour reading in the galley with door closed is 79f. I will run it 1 more hour then see where temps are at. Then overnight to see the high. I will also keep the temp sensor over the weekend to see how high it goes in real use. Tomorrow night I will run the fridge off to see how much it warms up over night (too bad it wont be too hot over night). Saturday I will run it on and see how much the noise is bothering me. More to follow.

IMG_20190926_201449_883.jpg

20190926_204305.jpg

Last edited:

Charles R

Adventurer
I like that side opening design! In checking out Amazon from your link I'm amazed at how many options there are now days!
I've had my Dometic 28L for a few years now, and I like to keep it at 36f.

TantoTrailers

3 hours later and its at 81f with 70f in the garage. I'm wondering if this will drop as the temps in the garage drop or if it will continue to rise. I will find out in the morning.

20190926_222130.jpg

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That Fridge looks nicely stocked, give us a call when Grubs Up, lol.

I would not worry about the Temp in there rising too much, but I would go to a Camper Shop and buy a small external Air Vent in the Colours that match the Trailer or buy a Stainless one if they don't have one that matches, Then I'd Drill about a dozen 1/4" holes and fit the vent with silicone and stainless screws etc just to let the warm Air out and allow cool Air In, because it is not enough to leave a gap around the fridge it needs to breath also, But don't go too nutz drill masses of holes,a Dozen will do fine.

Another Idea might be to drill the holes from inside the Trailer in to the Galley section because the heat the fridge produces can be used to take the Chill out of the trailer, but in the summer months it won't heat up the main sleeping area because you can always crack a window or roof vent. Plus you can hide the vent inside, but if you do this remove the fridge first to avoid Drill damage.

Seeing as all the hardware is Black on your Trailer I'd go with getting a Black Vent, Hopefully made of metal but if not Plastic will do,

Last edited:

TantoTrailers

Overnight test complete. Im happy with the results. Temp dropped to 64 in the garage and the galley temp was 75 when I opened it this morning. It never went above the 81 high either! Things are nice and frosty cold inside. True test will be sitting in the sun all day long with the door shut like it is when I leave camp which happens often.

I like the vent idea but im going to do more testing before i start drilling holes! If I do vent it will likely be inside the cab rather than outside. Passive vents without a fan should do if I make my exhaust holes at the top and my intakes along the floor. My exhaust fan is always running so I doubt I would ever feel the heat from the galley.

20190927_065445.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles