Anyone try these two solar panels?

TantoTrailers

Looking to get a soft folding panel to fit in my tongue box. Space is tight so I need it slim and suitcase won’t work. Looking at these two in my budget sub $250.

ECO-WORTHY 120W Foldable Solar Panel kit with 20A LCD Charger Controller with USB Port for Portable Generator/Power Station/Battery Bank/USB Devices Mobile Phone Laptop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RRNCSJN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_saiCDb6JQ630W

Aims Power PV120CASE 120W Portable Foldable Solar Panel, 120 Watt Built in Carrying Case, Natural Organic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K5WHP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_fiiCDbX5PD7MG

I saw a post about a test between panels but cants seem to find it but I know the guy ended up liking the Aims the best. I like the controller on the Aims as well.

Any input greatly appreciated! I have a Renogy 100Ah AMG battery. Lights, fan and some charger ports that never get used run off of the battery.

knoxswift

I have the 120w folding ECO but from 2 years ago. The panels are by Sun Solar on mine the controller sucks but I never use it because I just tie in the portable to my system when I need the extra boost. The panel output is excellent...if they are still using sun solar.

shade

Looking to get a soft folding panel to fit in my tongue box. Space is tight so I need it slim and suitcase won’t work. Looking at these two in my budget sub $250.

ECO-WORTHY 120W Foldable Solar Panel kit with 20A LCD Charger Controller with USB Port for Portable Generator/Power Station/Battery Bank/USB Devices Mobile Phone Laptop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RRNCSJN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_saiCDb6JQ630W

Aims Power PV120CASE 120W Portable Foldable Solar Panel, 120 Watt Built in Carrying Case, Natural Organic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K5WHP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_fiiCDbX5PD7MG

I saw a post about a test between panels but cants seem to find it but I know the guy ended up liking the Aims the best. I like the controller on the Aims as well.

Any input greatly appreciated! I have a Renogy 100Ah AMG battery. Lights, fan and some charger ports that never get used run off of the battery.

ArnieC

The Aims Power is the way to go. Just used it again this weekend. Worked perfect and caught a decent amount of watts in some pretty un-ideal conditions.

I wouldn't bother with any of the low rent controllers that come with the panel, get a Victron Blue Energy MPPT controller and be done with it.

TantoTrailers

Alright I pulled the trigger on the 120w Aims. Will be fun to test side by side with the EcoWorthy and then I’ll just buy a second matching panel to whatever has the best results.

Photobug

I wouldn't bother with any of the low rent controllers that come with the panel, get a Victron Blue Energy MPPT controller and be done with it.

The Victron "smart solar" comes bluetooth built in. Saves you the effort of having to buy a BT dongle to monitor your solar status, its a worthy upgrade.

TantoTrailers

As much as I like the Victron device, it is slightly larger than the Renogy controller and it was quite a bit more expensive even with the built in bluetooth to get one that matched the specs of the Renogy Rover 20A MPPT I purchased. I also like the fact that I have an LCD display right on my controller so I don't always have to pull out my phone.

1568725709825.png

TantoTrailers

Is that always going to be open when in use? Looks... hot.
Yes it will be open when in use which is why I didnt add any ports to it. I have the same concern but I am going do go with it and see how it does. I have a temp sensor on the back of the unit in the heatsink part.

PSea

Alright I pulled the trigger on the 120w Aims. Will be fun to test side by side with the EcoWorthy and then I’ll just buy a second matching panel to whatever has the best results.
looking forward to your input regarding the EcoWorthy panels.

67cj5

Man On a Mission

I jus bought the 100w version of the folding Panel and I also bought 2 of their 150w normal ECO WORTHY panels

I am very impressed how well ECO Worthy Products work, They Punch well above their weight. and the Quality is right up there.

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Ok I took them outside in the Rain under Very Grey Skies and the 150w were putting out 18.69 Volts Open Circuit as in I just Plugged my Fluke DMM straight in to the + and - Leads, I am really impressed with that.

I also tested another Solid 100w Panel and it also was putting out 18.69/18.71 Volts

Then I tested the 100w folding Solid Portable, Because it has a charge Controller/PWM it's voltage was really Low, but when I took it outside in the Sun 2 days ago it was Pumping out over 18 Volts But on a Rainy day you would be flat out getting half of that,

Then I noticed something, It seems like bigger companies are Buying up these ECO-WORTHY panels and selling them for nearly twice the price as their own Brand, so it is no wonder that these ECO-WORTHY are So Good.

Seriously though these are the same panels just at a Buyer Friendly Price and they are worth every Penny.

Hope that helps,

TantoTrailers

My Aims Power panel should be here today. I can then test them both side by side apples to apples. I will have the 120w Aims foldable/portable vs the 120w Eco foldable/portable. Depending on when it arrives I may be able to get some ******** weather stats as it’s raining today. Fridge comes today too so hellllll yea new gear day!!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
My Aims Power panel should be here today. I can then test them both side by side apples to apples. I will have the 120w Aims foldable/portable vs the 120w Eco foldable/portable. Depending on when it arrives I may be able to get some ******** weather stats as it’s raining today. Fridge comes today too so hellllll yea new gear day!!
I wouldn't mind having 12 of these panels, they are very well made and the frames are sturdy, I think they should run your fridge with ease, When I tested them today I was expecting about 12 or 13 volts, But 18.7+/- was very impressive and 150w panels are a good size power wise, Once you start getting above 80w with just a fridge to run you start to have spare power for other things, I got 2 ARB Fridges and some other bits that need power and I am sure that I will have power to spare, I might add another 2 X 150w panels to these yet then even at 50% I am still going to get about 1200w in 4 hours.

TantoTrailers

Got the gear! Did a quick test with 3 small 12v batteries (under 15ah) and I was not getting much wattage on either panel. The Aims was putting out higher V on each test by a good margin. I am waiting for larger 12 gauge landscape wire to arrive so I can replace my current 18# lamp cord that I have connected to everything. I need to also get an inverter to put a real load on the MPPT while connected to a battery to draw as much power as I can form the panels. I’m liking the Aims even more cause of size, it’s tiny compared to the already small Eco. I will do more testing in full sun and with the proper draw on the system with 12# cabling.

EC42245E-85C3-4376-B892-562D3AA3E31E.jpeg

95D45B80-33F2-4622-8D25-34B38A3162CE.png

DF908183-409C-49A2-93B7-AEB7DD17D064.png

22EE648C-97E6-464C-9979-DCB451F9F386.png

BDBFBF7C-2E8F-4D43-989B-C5E80D57A3E7.png

3970F00E-3FCA-4E84-A004-F2524C7DD139.png

1D2CF013-7E95-49BB-AE1D-E6A8AC20E19A.png

Eco on left, Aims on right in the results below.
190922_project-life-FD9617.jpg

190922_project-life-FD9617 2.jpg

190922_project-life-FD9617 3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles