Anyone tried the Tepui Luxury roof top mattress?

harv3589

Adventurer
Just wondering if anyone has tried this mattress and is it worth the money? An improvement over the original one? I find it way to hard and get no sleep on it now.

Box Rocket

I've used it. Is your current mattress too firm, or are you bottoming out on the tent base? If you find your mattress to be too firm, I'm not sure the luxury mattress is the right choice. It's a slightly denser foam than the standard Tepui mattress so I think it feels a bit more firm and supportive (which I liked).

harv3589

Adventurer
I think it's to firm and kills my back when it try to sleep. I've tried a couple of foam toppers for beds but find it still to hard. Trying search out a solution.

rwilford21

We purchased one last year, and love it. I found the standard one too firm and the luxury one is firm but with a softer top. I’m a side sleeper and would wake up sore on the standard mattress.

We carry both mattresses with us, the standard one in the tent and the luxury on rolled up in the truck. It is large to carry but makes sleeping so nice.

Tbacus

I just purchased one and it was money well spent. I am a side sleeper and the original mattres was too hard. The memory foam top on this one makes it perfect for me.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I think it's to firm and kills my back when it try to sleep. I've tried a couple of foam toppers for beds but find it still to hard. Trying search out a solution.

I found a queen-sized 4" perforated memory/gel foam topper that has worked fairly well for my wife and I who are both side sleepers. It can still get a tad warm in the summer months but not unbearable and it doesn't turn into a rock in the winter (it does firm up a bit until your body heat loosens it up). We use it on top of the base mattress in our Autana so there is still support keeping us from bottoming out. Using only the topper we still would frequently wake up with sore hips and shoulders like we did with the mattress pad. I haven't had any issues leaving it in the tent.

Porcupine86

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does the 4" topper fit inside the tent when folded or do you have to pull it out?

I use the exped megamat on top of the existing mattress. I learned the hard way that the foam mattress has no insulation value in cold temperatures and it becomes even more firm. To save space inside the tent, I am contemplating removing the memory foam mattress but like others posted above, I'm worried about condensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles