Anyone tried a set of Cooper Evolution MT's ?

KWJohnston

I've looked at pics and specs for the Cooper Evolution MT on the company website. Have not seen them in person or know anyone who has used them. Has anyone on the forum run them ?

Thanks.

k5-cj5

I've looked at pics and specs for the Cooper Evolution MT on the company website. Have not seen them in person or know anyone who has used them. Has anyone on the forum run them ?

Thanks.

I am currently running them on my 92 K1500 in a 285 70 17. They have great all around traction (haven't tested in Ice/Snow yet) they are quiet for an MT (quieter than by Duratracs were by far).

They seem to have good on and off-road manners, traction in sand and mud were excellent, rock were good as well. I highly recommend them. I only have about 1k miles on them so not sure about their longevity yet, and the miles are a 50/50 split between on and off-road.

KWJohnston

@k5-cj5 , thank you very much for your response! So far I have had a few people tell me that Cooper is a great tire in general, but you are the first person to give me input on the Evolution MT. I'm a couple of weeks out from purchasing tires. The Cooper Evolution MT is at the top of may list for now. The only reason I ask is to make sure no onee has had bad experience with them that would keep me from buying them.

I really appreciate your response. Please feel free to keep me updated in how they wear.

Thanks for the input.

KWJohnston

I think I'm going with 275/70R18. It's one size up in height from what I have already, but almost the same width. I'm using factory wheels.

It's definitely a mud tire, but the reality is that clay mud is the most common obstacle I will face off road in my area. No rocky mountain trails, sand dunes, or deep snow in my area of the deep South.

People seem to have high regard for the Cooper brand of tires overall. Lots of guys have told me the STT Pro is great offroad, but noisy and heavier than I want to go. I've only gotten a couple of first hand reviews of the Evolution.

Thanks

Grassland

A true 33, and not overly wide. If I wasn't so cheap I'd have considered that size, but already had 17s.
Pics when you are done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles