Anyone seen Michael Moore's new film?

Recommended books for Overlanding

jeepgc

Adventurer
There is another thread, I meant to reply to this one as I think it was first but replied to the other one.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

FrenchieXJ

Expedition Leader
I liked it and thought it was very informative! The information is not new. It is bringing out what has been covered up from the past. To some people it may seem to clash with the stuff some groups wanted to push on you, and did for many years.

It is nice to see both sides of a subject then you can draw your own conclusion.

If there was one thing that I got from collage, I use more then anything else. It is to question whenever a person makes a statement as if it is fact or they are a expert. Follow up with questions and listen to what they say and how they say it. Many words that people use on purpose is words that can be taken in more then one way. The person listening will then take it to fit their mold of what they want to here.

So answering the question ,"Is it worth it?" I say yes!

We do not see this trait used a lot now days, in the old days we called it "common sense". The best way to decide if it is worth it for you is to watch it.

FrenchieXJ

Expedition Leader
Most of what they say is just plain wrong. Which "side" is that? You don't get to the truth by weighing disparate poles of BS.
What used to be great in this country was the ability express your point of view. I still respect that you have a different prospective the I have. I started in the late 1970's going to Sierra Club meetings and getting involved in the environmental movement. I got in and involved and I saw that there was more then what meets the eye.

I will make a general statement about any organizations;
When you get involved in any group stay on the edge. If you get involved you will find out what goes on behind the scenes. It is generally not what you see on the surface. What starts out as a idea, seams as a good direction. Then as it builds it gets noticed and then progresses to the power takeover. With power comes control over others and their thoughts and actions.

I agree that you have your feelings on this subject. The movie does not fit the mold the way you want it to fit. I feel that with the information I have and experience I have a different point of view. The movie fits my mold, with my work and knowledge I agree with it. I will say not 100% but far more then I disagree with it. I will not call your point of view BS, it is just different then mine, with your life's experience. I feel the truth is not at one side or the other but some where in the middle.

The world is constantly changing it is not the same today as it was yesterday or will be tomorrow. We have to adapt to it as it will do what ever the world wants to do. Ice ages have come and gone and we have come and we will go. None of us will get out of this world alive!