Anyone see this beast? Big 6x6 RV on ebay.

getout

Adventurer
I think he's asking a BIT much but neat to look at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ulti...Vs_Campers?hash=item3caa35a504#ht_1302wt_1165

Description:

Chassis - 6x6 M35-A3, powered by a Caterpillar 3116 engine, Allison AT 1545 automatic transmission and Rockwell 2.5 ton top loading axles with over-drive gearing (top speed +/- 68 MPH). Additional features include a Hydraulic Winch, Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS), air-ride leather seats, air over hydraulic brakes, Exhaust Brake, air assist steering, cold-start ether starting system and double layer sound insulation (still not really quiet).

Coach-works include 2 sleeping area (one double bed and one queen), full kitchen with 3 burner stove, gas oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, large stainless steel sink and real granite counter top. Bath includes porcelain sink and toilet with full standup shower. Al floors are natural cork and all cabinet faces are solid maple. Creature comforts include a 6-gal. gas water heater, air conditioning and forced air heating in the coach, AM/FM/XM Stereo in coach and outside, TV & DVD with in motion satellite.

Coch construction is welded square-tube steel covered by an aluminum skin with a baked on finnish and fully insulated walls and roof. There are outside lockable side storage compartments, outdoor shower/cleaning station, patio awning and additional enclosed storage on the roof.

Other features include: Walk-On Roof, 100-Watt Solar, 5-WW propane generator, front and rear facing cameras, 4-person intercom system and 2.5 ton Jeep Trailer with Air Brakes.

Specifications:

Overall Length 24'

Width 8'-2"

Height 12'-6"

Interior Height 7'-6"

Fresh Water 70 Gal. (heated)

Gray Water 45 Gal. (heated)

Black Water 25 Gal (heated)

LPG Capacity 2 X 10 Gal.

Fuel Capacity 50 + 30 Gal.

Wet Weight +/- 19,000 lbs

History: This vehicle was commissioned to the U.S. military in 1973 as an M-35 A2 and assigned V.I.N. 054010965. In 1996, the vehicle was purchased privately and sent back to AM General where it was completely reconditioned and converted to an M-35 A3. I purchased the vehicle in early 2003 with less than 500 miles since the reconditioning, In 2004 I contracted with Ultra Hauler of Corona, California to remove the "Conestoga Wagon" back and build the motor home coach works.

Miscellaneous: This is an American Built Vehicle. The "Cat" engine and Allison transmission can be serviced at local dealers. Parts are available. Many parts can be purchased at military surplus sites at excellent prices. It is a relatively simple vehicle because military requirements significantly limited the use of computers and other electronic devices that could compromise it's reliability. The vehicle comes with all operation and service manuals on CD.

On Board Tools Include:

Large hand tools (sockets an wrenches)

Air tools

Power socket wrench (NATO plug)

Spare parts include rear axle and 24 volt generator

One spare tire and wheel with vehicle and a second for storage.

a.mus.ed

Explorer
I think that's been up. Maybe the price is exactly what he wants: "I don't know honey, I put it up for sale but nobody is calling on it. I guess we'll have to keep it."

OTR

Adventurer
Cool:drool: and the price is:Wow1: Imagine all the questions while fueling up at the fuel station. Oh, be ready for the entire rig to be searched at any border crossing. On positive note a person would most likely not break into the rig while boondocking thinking that wrath of the US army would be handed to them.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

He is an ExPo Member.

He lives just a few miles away from me. He and his wife and friends joined us this summer at our Mission Bay meet~n~greet.

Thanks for the Chicken!.....:victory:

I got to climb up inside. It's state of the art!

Yes it is real.

You might see some pics in this thread.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30145&highlight=mission+bay

Yo! How about this shot!

PICT5133.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Went back & looked this one up to show it's pics to mg GF. I noticed something interesting, the seller's name. Unique Metal Products is better known as "UMP" in desert racing circles. What ever fab this guy did is bound to be top shelf.

http://www.uniquemetalproducts.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz