Anyone Running Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x11.50s?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Well is anyone?
I put Toyo MT 315/70r18s on my Ram around the first of the year and now with 12k on them they are just getting entirely too loud. I like the size but I know the 13.5" width is a big part of the decreased economy. I also just like tall skinny tires. All of this leads me to the Ridge Grappler in the 37x11.50r18. Any feedback on this particular size or any larger Ridge Grappler would be appreciated.

Wish I had info for ya. I’m looking to get a set in a 35x12.5 18. Just kinda waiting to hear how folks like them. The numbers are perfect for what I’m looking for. I hope someone chimes in with some feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LikeABoss

Observer
I have 37/12.5/20s. Awesome tire. Very quiet, significantly quieter than the Toyo MTs I had before and they we not bad. They grip well in snow and mud. Have about 10k and still look new. Should get 50k at least.
290af243f7564589cb3ddbc7aaba3663.jpg

2015.5 GMC duramax
4.5” BDS, Deavers, airbags, Fox, 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fusion bumper, Warn 12S Platinum
Schutt flatdeck extended camper build

LikeABoss

Observer
Sorry, previous tire was the toyo RT

2015.5 GMC duramax
4.5” BDS, Deavers, airbags, Fox, 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fusion bumper, Warn 12S Platinum
Schutt flatdeck extended camper build

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I'm interested in this too. Need to put tires on the van....but might like to try something tall and slim this time.

Copperhead14

Observer
I would love to try them, but the D load range and lower pressure is a PITA with the TPMS. I am looking at the 37/11.5-20 trail grappler for my next set. I have a co worker who runs the ridge grappler. He loves them.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I just put on a set of RGs on my Ram in a 37x12.50r17 and I absolutely love them. They are extremely quiet, really barely louder than a typical A/T tire like the Toyo, and way less noisy than your M/Ts.

On road manners are fine, and they balanced well.

They work well in the dirt too and in my experience clean out fast once you hit pavement again. I have yet to experience snow or deep mud, just what you see on a typical construction site, but I have full confidence in them.

I had a great experience with 2 previous sets of their trail grapplers and Nittos are far easier to get down here in the south than Toyo is. (A rep told me it has to do with distribution rights.) Which is silly since they are both made in the same factory right outside of Atlanta in White GA.

As for load ratings, make sure to check the chart on Nittos site. Mine are D rated yet will take 3600 lbs per tire at 50psi. I never go by the load rating and always base my purchases off of the charts on the website.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I would love to try them, but the D load range and lower pressure is a PITA with the TPMS. I am looking at the 37/11.5-20 trail grappler for my next set. I have a co worker who runs the ridge grappler. He loves them.
What make truck do you have? I used forscan to lower the tpms values in my single wheel f350.

They list a load range F in the 35x12.5 18. 4K lbs rating at 80psi for anyone hauling/towing. Those are the ones I’m looking at.

ttengineer

Adventurer
They list a load range F in the 35x12.5 18. 4K lbs rating at 80psi for anyone hauling/towing. Those are the ones I’m looking at.

Do you need an 8k lbs load capacity on your rear axle though? If not then I’d look at getting a lower ply tire for a better ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not really sure to be honest. I would prefer the E rated tire for better performance when aired down, but while carrying a 3k plus camper I really think the F range might be better. Figure my truck is about 7500lbs empty, add 3k camper, toys, dog, passengers, food, etc. and we're pushing 10-11k with a lot of that on the rear axle. Could an E series tire do it? Absolutely. The current garbage MT tires that came on the truck are only rated at 3200# and they carry the rig....on the highway. But to carry that load with peace of mind off the pavement I'm leaning toward the F rated. Also, being able to run 80psi on the highway will improve handling and mileage on the way out to wherever we jump off from.

I'm totally open to other's experiences as this will be the biggest/heaviest rig I've built up. Given that we will spend most of our off-road time in Baja reliability and durability are key. Baja can eat tires for linch.

Thoughts and opinions??

ttengineer

Adventurer
A lower ply tire will perform better off road as it will flex better over obstacles.

Depending on how much tongue weight you have should be the deciding factor on tires. Just because you have a 10k trailer doesn’t mean you need 2 5k load tires. You won’t have nearly that load on your hitch if towing properly.

Proper PSI will be decided on tire footprint, 80 psi might not render better mpgs depending on the tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior