Anyone Running a James Baroud Hard Shell on a K9 Rack?

jaymar

Wondering whether the rails line up with the K9 cross members, or whether I'll need to use one of the tent mount sets.

Also--if I want to run the JB classic awning--can I run the flush tent mounts, or do I have to get the low profile (1.5") or elevated (2") bars to lift the tent up for awning mount clearance? (Awning must be within about 2" of the tent shell in order to use the connecting tunnel in the rain.)

JB standard Evasion (77.74 x 55.11 inches) on 87x55x2 inch K9 rack atop 80 Series Land Cruiser. Rack towers about 7" tall.

Thanks for any input!

shoredreamer

Observer
Do you have the K9 rack already on your 80? What is the width of the rack? Standard JB tent is 54” wide and the flush mounting tracks are about 28-29” apart. If the JB rails line up with the K9 crossbars, you probably just need spacers so that the crossbar and tent rail meet each other to be tightened. If the tent doesn’t line up and falls onto the plank, I would suggest drilling and thru bolting thru the plank.

jaymar

Do you have the K9 rack already on your 80? What is the width of the rack? Standard JB tent is 54” wide and the flush mounting tracks are about 28-29” apart. If the JB rails line up with the K9 crossbars, you probably just need spacers so that the crossbar and tent rail meet each other to be tightened. If the tent doesn’t line up and falls onto the plank, I would suggest drilling and thru bolting thru the plank.
Thanks for the info. Rack is 87x55". Have to deal with some roof rust before putting it on. Tent still a few months out, so trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior