Anyone running a front runner outfiters slimline II roof rack JK or JKU

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Need to know if anyone has installed or had installed this roof rack:

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...go-rack-front-runner-slimline-ii-extreme.html

It doesn't have to specifically be for a 2016 JKUR but within the 2007-current model years that front runner says this rack can be installed on.

If you did, did you ONLY use the supplied "foam washers" or did you somehow seal, either from the exterior or the interior the 16 22mm holes for the interior and exterior mounting points with something like RTV silicone etc?

BPA

I'm running the FRO's Slimline II on my JKUR and using the supplied foam washers. I've seen someone use silicone on it but haven't asked how it went for them. I've had the rack for about 4 months and so far no leaks.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I'm running the FRO's Slimline II on my JKUR and using the supplied foam washers. I've seen someone use silicone on it but haven't asked how it went for them. I've had the rack for about 4 months and so far no leaks.

Sent you a PM.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My buddy has the slimline on his JK Unlimited as well and loves it. I may get the front runner for my patriot. Its hard to find something that fits good.

mb2xs

I've had the Slimline II half-rack, which has all the same roof mounts/holes as the full rack, on my 2012 JKUR for over three years. It's great, we use it with our roof top tent all the time. No leaks, just using the foam washers. Living in the Pacific Northwest. ;)

Here's are a couple photos of the rack and the internal mount:

roof-rack-jkur.jpg

internal-mount.jpg

Last edited:

SamM

Adventurer
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Rhino Rack rear mounts on the Front Runner Slimline II roof rack? I like the design but I'm not willing to drill directly down through my hardtop. I called Front Runner but they were no help.

SamM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles