Anyone ridden the G450X yet?

Pretty expensive for what it really is, but it looks like there are a couple of rather innovative features (and perhaps even a couple of poor design choices in my opinion) on this bike. Has anyone here had the opportunity to ride one yet? If so, what are your thoughts/impressions?

67' 109er

A lucky one

Yes , I have ridden one and have one in my garage in AZ. After I sold my Honda 450X ( Ca. Plated ) I bought a trusty 07 KTM 300XC-W. As soon as I
get transferred back to Ca. I'll have a Ca. plate and will probably sell it to the highest bidder. I have a low mile HP2 enduro waiting in my buddies garage.

Jeff

Clutch

<---Pass
I spent an hour or so aboard.

Pros: FI is spot on, very narrow, well balanced, clutch pull is light..almost hydro feel to it. Suspension doesn't squat under power.

Cons: Odd vibration at upper RPM's, pegs feel too far back, clutch cover sticks out too far, I had a hard time finding the brake pedal, takes a while to build power, not very snappy. Once you get in the power, it starts vibrating like a coin-op bed in a cheap motel. Have to pull the swingarm to change the counter shaft sprocket. Only time will tell if the engine case will hold up without a frame cradle.

Engine built in Korea, not at the German plant, time will tell if it will be reliable. ...(hence, the longish warranty?)

Not bad for their first attempt...needs refining for me to buy one. 3 year/36'000 mile warranty will not win me over.

It just didn't feel comfortable to me, I can hop on a Japanese or Austrian steed and feel right at home... the Beemer just felt all wrong...couldn't wait to get off the thing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior