Anyone Retrofit an ARB Bull Bar for a Gen 1 Ford Expedition/F-150?

oksir83

Unfortunately, ARB only makes bull bars for F-250s and Excursion, not the 1/2 ton Ford varieties. Has anyone used a bull bar for another vehicle and fabbed up mounts to work? The Gen 1 Expeditions are around 78.6" wide. Looking at vehicle specs and body lines, the Nissan Titan bull bar may be a decent candidate as the Titan is 78.8" wide, but obviously the front curvature is unknown. The Titan bull bars also don't have the lower cross bar in the headlight area, which would block the Ford's headlights. Before I dig deeper into attempting this, I just wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar. Unfortunately the off-road aftermarket support for late 90s 1/2 ton Fords isn't the best so sometimes it requires a bit of thinking outside the box and I'm not really happy with the looks of any of the current available winch bumpers. I currently just have a Warn hidden winch mount, but would love to move to a winch-compatible full replacement bumper. I've had ARBs on prior vehicles and have always liked their looks and functionality.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Well, I modified an ARB bumper for a Toyota Land Cruiser to fit onto my Chevy Tahoe. So, for your attempt to get an F-250 bumper to fit on an F-150 does not sound like mission impossible, at all. It just may take some creativity and some welding expertise.

oksir83

Well, I modified an ARB bumper for a Toyota Land Cruiser to fit onto my Chevy Tahoe. So, for your attempt to get an F-250 bumper to fit on an F-150 does not sound like mission impossible, at all. It just may take some creativity and some welding expertise.

Thanks, I actually remember your build from the Z71T-S forum when I was thinking of doing this, but couldn't remember the exact details. (I was bmrisko over there...)

Welding/fabbing brackets isn't a problem, I just don't feel like building a complete bumper from scratch mainly due to time constraints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz