anyone remember Kodak....

1000arms

Not many parks named after a film! :cool: ... Perhaps a road trip to Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah (USA)? :)

"In 1948, members of the National Geographic Society visited the scenic park to photograph a feature for the magazine, and gave it the nickname “Kodachrome” after the popular Kodak film of the day. It became Chimney Rock State Park when the area was recognized as a state park in 1962, but was changed to Kodachrome once Kodak granted legal permission." is from:

Last edited:

jeepgc

Adventurer
Ko...
65505c4f7b4f7f0dc2b9344d78868942.jpg

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

pith helmet

maybe a bit younger than some of you, but the family camera growing up was one of the early kodak 110 pocket cameras. i think my parents used it until you couldnt get 110 anymore.

billiebob

I used to love holding the hot flash bulbs...
I also used to hide behing the couch, pull a plug half out and touch the prongs with my fingers... drove my Mom crazy

Last edited:

Mattlodi

I still shoot analog, i usually have an old Olympus point and shoot loaded with Portra 400 with me. I love the color tone of the pictures.

RoamIt

Yes, I'm old enough to remember Kodak! IIRC Kodak had developed digital tech, but the company decided that no one would want a digital camera and never brought it to market. Company killing decision.

Remember the insta-print Polaroid cameras? shoot the pic, it spits it out then you wave it around for it to develop. There's newer versions out for kids, but it was amazing thing back in the day.

ITTOG

I remember my grandathers 110 camera with the square flash. I think it had four flashes in it. I also remember 8mm video cameras. This was all before my time but I remember them.

Jacobm

I took pictures of a trip this summer on a Nikon F2 that predates me by about 25 years. It was given to me by my boss, who bought it new. It's a special camera and I really enjoy it. I've got enough rolls now to send off to the lab, since there isn't a lab local to me anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles