Anyone own a flexo-power setup

rlynch356

Defyota
They are local to me, so I am really interested in in (150+ watts foldable), just wanted some outside opinions on it.. I'm going to go down there and talk to them after the holidays.

I'm needing to power a Dual G31 deep cycle setup in my trailer.

Rando

Explorer
While I don't know anything about 'flexopower' in particular, folding panels in general are extremely expensive per watt and inefficient per area. Unless there is an insurmountable reason to use a folding panel (which I really can't see with a truck and a trailer) I would go with either a rigid glass panel (suitcase or hard mount) or a semi flexible panel. These are about 1/10th the cost and you need less area to make the same power.

rlynch356

Defyota
I have a rigid panel already... I'm looking for a more compact solution at present. Ideally I could mount rigid panels permanently, but I can't on either the truck or the trailer.
Hence the question... they are the forum section sponsor - so I was hoping to get a real world 2nd opinion on them vs say a power film setup.

rlynch356

Defyota
Moved on to looking at BI-fold systems which I can store in the trailer box. 200w is half the price and from the specs preform better... (zamp/renogy)

anyway the search is on

ddog45

Adventurer
Just ordered the Atacama 79 kit to use in my sprinter van. I liked the option of being able to move it around. As nice as it would be to have permanently mounted panels this seemed so much easier to use the couple weekends a month that we would need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior