Anyone know who makes this?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Saw this pop up shell in an ad today and was rather wowed by the super strong looking pop up supports. I don’t recall seeing one of these yet (I have been following the pop top shell threads here).

E2EE3746-56C0-4A0C-AAC0-5C114EAD78B6.jpegDo any of y’all know who the manufacturer is of this unit?

Thx ?? in advance

billiebob

They look like slide in camper jacks repurposed.

But what a unit. One of the first popups I'd consider. Impressive.

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
But what a unit. One of the first popups I'd consider. Impressive.

Yeah, right on! Strong roof and lift system.

“Years of research and design and multiple prototypes have culminated in the first electronic lift pop-top camper by Hower Built. BaseCamp is capable of lifting 300 pounds no matter the load distribution. What this means for you is consistent lift performance without having to take anything off the roof: stack the kayaks & boards.”

Square walls too, and even better, a great sense of humor:

Can you manually raise/lower the roof?
In the rare event of complete electrical failure (lightning strike, as an example) you are able to unhook the actuators to manually lower or raise the camper top.
How much does the base unit weigh?
400 lbs or about 864 hamburgers”

john61ct

Adventurer
Very interesting!

I want solar panels and roof rack storage as well as a lifting roof.

My idea is four external telescoping posts supporting the roof rack tied into the lower chassis main rails

independent of the lightweight insulated "living pod", which slides in and out, can be left behind when the truck bed + rack are needed for utility use.

No weight born by the walls, more of an exoskeleton

Anyone got links or references to Google for that type of design? Could be trailer-based as well.

sn_85

Observer
I've seen this one in person. Definitely some unique and positive attributes to it. I'd say the fit/finish of it left a bit to be desired and it looks better from afar or from a grainy picture. I'm sure it was their prototype so hopefully production units look better. They've been advertising for a bit now but I haven't seen any production units yet and their IG typically shows the same Tacoma in all their pictures. I'd be curious to know if there are any production units out there or if it's still in prototype stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne