Anyone know where I could aquire a set of Mopar high clearance fenders

autism family travels

I am wanting a set of Mopar high clearance fenders for my JK unlimited. anyone know where I can get a set? Looking two do a low CG setup on my wrangler and 37's. I am planning on using a 1.75" lift, 1.25" body lift and the Mopar fenders. That would give enough lift for 37's without going 4" on the suspension. Weight of the chassis and motor stays lower to the ground but get the benefit of the 37's at the axles.

wADVr

Adventurer
The belly is low enough as is I’d consider a 2.5” all suspension lift and make sure you properly bump stop it and call it a day. stock flares would work fine, just be selective on the wheel backspacing/offset. Those mopar flares are cool though. ive been running a 3.5” aev lift and 37s for over 200k. Always wanted to swap someone 2.5” coils to get it a little lower but the Hemi brought it down slightly so I’ll call it good.

autism family travels

Yes, she's low as is. I am also wanting to keep Suspension Geometry the same without screwing around to much. I think this way would be a good way to stuff 37's, keep it very streetable, and still give me some clearance. to the poster who put the flares from quadratec, they are for 2 door models. I am looking for the 4 door model.

Jurfie

Adventurer
to the poster who put the flares from quadratec, they are for 2 door models. I am looking for the 4 door model.

The fronts will 100% be the same; it is the rears where some people claim they are different. There have been many threads on other forums that confirm the OEM fenders from a JK will fit a JKU (both front and rear), as well as aftermarket. While the high-clearance might be different, it would be worth trying it out to be sure...just test fit first. If they don’t bolt right up, your only risk is the cost of shipping them back.

autism family travels

Yes, the rears are infact different between the two models. Where the high clearance fender is on the back, it moves it up a couple of inches on the body and the 2 door does not have the cut outs for the rear doors to open. It's dumb they discontinued the 4 door models but kept the 2 door model in production.

That part number is for the 2 door flares. The Unlimited 4 door flares were discontinued years ago...

Jurfie

Adventurer
Yes, the rears are infact different between the two models. Where the high clearance fender is on the back, it moves it up a couple of inches on the body and the 2 door does not have the cut outs for the rear doors to open.

Ah yes, I found a photo and see that now.

It's dumb they discontinued the 4 door models but kept the 2 door model in production.

Agreed. I have a 2-door JK, but wouldn’t go with the Mopar set myself. Are you determined to find the Mopar set? I doubt you’ll find any unless you are exceptionally lucky to find a used set. Have you considered one of the many aftermarket versions?

autism family travels

Yes, I looked at all the high clearance aftermarket stuff but it's all stupid looking flat junk. I don't like them. The mopar has a factory look to them that if you didn't know, they would look like they came on it. Not an afterthought.

jadmt

ignore button user
I have rarely read a post where someone was happy with them after installing them. wranglerforum has had quite a few discussions about them as well as some people selling them.

wADVr

Adventurer
Any interest in the MCE flexible flares? Great product and I would imagine you could fit 37s with one inch or less lift. I have these and love them. classic simple look and much more tire clearance. I went to these after damaging my stock flares to the point that they would not ‘clip’ back on straight.

autism family travels

Any interest in the MCE flexible flares? Great product and I would imagine you could fit 37s with one inch or less lift. I have these and love them. classic simple look and much more tire clearance. I went to these after damaging my stock flares to the point that they would not ‘clip’ back on straight.

I just don't like the look of flat fenders. Can't help it. They look "brodozerish". I can't find any aftermarket flare with extra height and a bit of front and side coverage as the stocker has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles