Anyone in Tasmania interested in a treasure hunt?

Rando

Explorer
I have a request for anyone who is either currently in Tasmania, or is familiar with the north west coast of Tasmania. I am an atmospheric scientist involved in scientific ballooning, and at the conclusion of one of our experiments some equipment ended up in Tasmania near the town of Temma. The equipment is fairly close to a track leading to Temma, but I have been unable to find any information about the quality of the roads in this area. It appears to be an unpaved road from satellite imagery, but I would like to know a little more before sending out an unsuspecting colleague from oz to go recover the equipment.

I am obviously not going to post the exact coordinates here, but if there is anyone who could supply some info on the general area it would be much appreciated.

Landroverholic

Observer
I was living in Tasmania for a few years and temporarily back in the UK. The road to Temma is unsealed but you will have no problems getting in there in a normal vehicle down the road called the Western Explorer

Rando

Explorer
I managed to get in touch with the PWS ranger for the area, and she very kindly volunteered to go have a look for my payload. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be safely in storage at a rangers station. Two thumbs up for the Tassie Parks and Wildlife Service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles