Anyone in SoCal Up For A Drive?

Ron B

Explorer
so...anyone still going? Next weekend I am going on a trip to the Big Bear area to run Gold Mt and John Bull if anyone wants to go. There are 2 or 3 other trucks coming to, so a few more would be fun.

Ron B

rionorte

Cant say for sure yet (wont know til one or two days before) .
Ill plan for Sun.

Adding another day for MOI in the same month - with two kids and a pregnant wife - upsets the balance of my universe ;) .

Ron B - post back and take pics of your trip next weekend. :)

Ron B

Explorer
the trip is (as of now) next Sat the 27th. John Bull's a fun trail -- I'll take some pics.

Ron B

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Ron B said:
so...anyone still going? Next weekend I am going on a trip to the Big Bear area to run Gold Mt and John Bull if anyone wants to go. There are 2 or 3 other trucks coming to, so a few more would be fun.

Ron B

Sounds like fun! I love the big bear area and I haven't had a chance to run John Bull yet. However, I've got plans to go to Joshua tree for a relaxing weekend of camping. Anybody interested?

Mumbaki1037

Observer
Ron B said:

Ron B

Sunday it will be then. Count me in. I would like to join you on the 27th but I will be in death Valley at the Briggs cabin doing some maintenace. Hope to do John bull this summer.

CaryG

Mumbaki1037

Observer
Mlachica said:
Sounds like fun! I love the big bear area and I haven't had a chance to run John Bull yet. However, I've got plans to go to Joshua tree for a relaxing weekend of camping. Anybody interested?

Hi there, when do you plan to go?

Ron B

Explorer
So far it's me plus 3 other trucks for Sat. We're doing Gold Mountain on the way to John Bull. Should be a great time assuming no drama.

So far it's a hummer only trip (me, 2 H2's and an H3)...I was hoping some other brands would represent and come join the fun (now's your chance to come and heckle :) ). I've done these trails with H2's before, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the 3 handles the carnage. I wish I could talk my friend into bringing his new FJ! It would be fun to watch the FJ and the H3 wheel together.

Ron B

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Solid Taco said:
Hi there, when do you plan to go?

Hey ST,

I plan on leaving this Friday from Cerritos, CA and probably return Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. Sounds like you got a cool trip to DV this weekend, let's hear more about it?

I see you're from West Co?

VikingVince

Explorer
Ron B...I might be interested in joining you on Sat...what level of difficulty (on 5 point scale) are Gold Mountain and John Bull...do you need at least one locker and at least 32 inch tires? (neither of which I have!) If they challenge H2's...hmmmm...sounds like above 3.5

VikingVince

Explorer
Just did a little research on the John Bull trail...considered the "mini-Rubicon" and vehicles without lockers not allowed on trail...guess that answers my question!!!....have fun!!!

Ron B

Explorer
It's really not as bad as everyone thinks -- but there are a few hairy sections. You are right, a rear locker and 33's are a must have on this trail. I'll probably have a seat open if ya want to ride along and have some tasty beverage?

Ron B

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I always thought Hair was a good thing!

I still have ALL mine!:D

4WDTrips.net is doing a Big Bear run June 10/11 weekend........

Vince.....just head up with Jack and the crew.....I'm sure they won't get too outrageous! .....and you can meet "cruiserguy" from BC/and Guatemala.

I hope to make it.....but still have Engine issues.

Ron B

Explorer
The trails were fun, but we had to cut John Bull short. It was crowded on the trail and a truck in the group infront of us blew up the tranny(Bronco)...took a few hours to get it off the trail. We turned around about a third of the way into the trail -- fearing darkness and breakage.

Here's a few snapshots

Ron B

Attachments

• JBT1.jpg
    JBT1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 26
  • JBT2.jpg
    JBT2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 22

rionorte

Ron B said:
... I'll probably have a seat open if ya want to ride along and have some tasty beverage?

Ron B

Thanks for sharing.
Niice rig.

Ron, how did the tasty beverage go with the few hours wait? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles