Anyone in SoCal Up For A Drive?

Ron B

Explorer
VikingVince,
sounds great, I'm in Studio City near Universal so we are neighbors. We'll have to meet and play sometime.

Ron B

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Kevin....and guys,

Here is a link to some trail write up's regarding the "Old Stage Route".

I started a trip thread over at 4wdtrips to do this trip near Table Mtn. but my truck has been sick for so long!

Check out this guys threads ("Britain" over at MJR) ....he has great pics and info. I actually met him on that stage route back in Jan. and helped him winch a rock obstruction off the trail.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5779

I'm told I can pick my truck up tomorrow.....we shall see. I would like to make it to the desert at least a couple times before it gets too hot!

I would like to also head out to the Colorado River just north of Yuma.

Anyway.....it would be nice to have a local group of regulars to explore with.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Here is a link to a picture trail report doing Anza~Borrego......to get your juices flowing!

Borrego Pinyon Run

These pics are fun to see. The first night I ever camped out with my truck was right here at "Split Rock"...!

P1010533.jpg

Right where the natives camped years ago!.....(Mortrero's)

P1010535.jpg

Mumbaki1037

Observer
Hey guys, :luxhello: I live in West Covina, east of LA. I have always wanted to run the Cleghorn trail but never had anybody to go with. How does 6/10 or 11 sound. Anybody up for a daytrip? If anybody wants to suggest another trail on these days that would be fun to and I would't mind an overnight trip :camping: if needed.

Ron B

Explorer
I am interested. Cleghorn is pretty easy with some fun/gnarly off-shoots. It will spit you out near 2N17X whick is a fun/short trail. Lots of good stuff in that area.

Ron B

ErrinV

Observer
I have tentative plans for a moto trip that weekend, but if I don't end up going I'll join you guys.

Errin

Mumbaki1037

Observer
Cleghorn trail

:jumping: We should setup a time and meeting place then. I heard this trail has an easy side and a hard side so it might be interesting. Did some runs on the fire roads right by Silverwood lake so if we finnish early we could probably do those too.

Mumbaki1037

Observer
Cleghorn Trail

ErrinV said:
These roads should be ok for a stock 4x4 right?

Errin[/QUOTE
I think stock would be ok. Do you have the rear locker with your taco? We can always turn around if the going gets too tough. Just make sure you have recovery points too.

ErrinV

Observer
Yep, rear locker. TRD offroad package. I'll pick up a rear recovery point and tow strap before then. Been meaning to get one anyways.

Errin

rionorte

Very interested in doing this before another day trip on the 6/17.

Life in 4Lo did this area earlier this year and had a fun time.
He informed me that there is a bypass fireroad that zigzags along so you will keep meeting up w/ the trail so skipping parts is no problem (as my vehicle is still STOCK!)

Also told me it would be more of a Width issue than a lift. So is he saying a stocky husky guy like me wont fit through the trail? :D

Any decision on what day - Sat or Sun?

Alan-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior