Anyone here ever done business with Weldtec?

Astro4.3

I installed a Weldtech 6'' kit on my 2005 E350 V10. 60,000 miles so far, no sag. Very nice workmanship on the radius arms and mounts. Jeremy was great to work with.
Robert

cabnetguy

Since my last post I have received my parts, and they are definitely nice! Now I have a guestion, my parts were supposed to be for the 2008+ front suspension. My truck is the earlier suspension and am updating at the same time as I do the lift. The parts that I received are for the earlier suspension. Does anyone know if the late model front spindles and brakes can be installed on the early I-beams ? If so I will just keep what I have and go that route. If not I guess I will have to call Weldtech and see what happens.

b dkw1

Observer
I wont even get into the fact that they actually bend the I-beams.

On the older forged beams that was the method for aligning them. Newer cast beams no. As for your spring rate argument, you would need the actual rates and free lengths of the springs to make a call on that. Just going off the GVW of a vehicle will not tell you much about an aftermarket spring as they vary widely in rates and lengths.

Imbecile

They havent used I-beams that can actually be bent since they started using balljoints versus kingpins. All of the beams in these kits are clearly marked "do not bend". Your assertion that manufacturers just randomly build coil springs with no specific vehicle model and weight in mind is beyond rediculous. When a spring is labeled for a ford bronco that means the spring was designed around that vehicles specifications and not a vehicle that weighs a ton more than a bronco.

b dkw1

Observer
Your assertion that manufacturers just randomly build coil springs with no specific vehicle model and weight in mind is beyond rediculous. When a spring is labeled for a ford bronco that means the spring was designed around that vehicles specifications and not a vehicle that weighs a ton more than a bronco.

Did you miss the part where I said "aftermarket spring" which is what they are using? You can get "Bronco" springs for a snow plow package that will rattle your teeth out. Without knowing the rates and free lengths, you don't know the whole story.

brp

Observer
I am a satisfied Weldtec customer. I installed a Baja Grocery Getter in my driveway (6" 2wd Econoline lift.). I did get them to email me a set of detailed install directions, and found that there were some tidbits missing that would have helped. I made notes on my set in case I ever installed another, or to share. They do have videos on Youtube that are a great starting point for installs.

The product quality was really good, the radius arms were impressively made.

The Fox shocks were back ordered and came a few weeks after the rest of the kit, but this was all communicated and handled well. To me it indicates a well run business, I asked them to ship the kit without the shocks and send me the shocks once available....and they did.

I have not put enough mileage on the kit to really speak to the performance and reliability, but I have no reservations about the quality at this point.

Mark me down as a satisfied customer very likely to buy from Weldtec again.

FROADER

Adventurer
Another Ford "that guy" with no issues here, going on 4 years (as of this coming Friday) with the 4" kit.

I installed the Ocotillo Cruiser kit with extended radius arms at a friend's shop on my extended '97 V10 and couldn't be happier. There is the settled height after some time on new springs, but no sagging up front after all of the use I've gotten out of is so far.

For the OP, I have some who have the 5" Chevy kit (one got the 4wd conversion) and they all seem very happy as well.

I don't hesitate recommending WeldTech, and I live 5 minutes from Camburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles