Anyone here ever done business with Weldtec?

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I have a '03 Chevy 3500 Roadtrek 190 that I can't even go up a driveway without bottoming out. Well, it's not that bad, but pretty close.
I was considering Weldtec's 5" lift. I would have them do the install.
I live less than 1/2 hour away, so seems like it would be logistically easy.

I appreciate any and all constructive advice.

CaptainBuilt

My buddy has a Chevy Express and did a Weldtec kit, and he loves it.

These are horrible pics, but was taken early in the morning. We work together.

LLurWiTh.jpg

i06j6Qlh.jpg

bigsam

I had my 2018 Express converted to 4x4 with their torsion bar set up in November. I opted for the new leaf pack rather than blocks. The van rides so much nicer now, it's night and day in my opinion. I thought that Weldtec was very easy to deal with. They were responsive to my emails and actually answered the phone. Jeremy is a stand up guy and backs his products and work.IMG_20201111_150230902_HDR.jpgIMG_20201111_150255569_HDR.jpg

ericvs

Helped a friend install a weldtech 6" lift on his E-150 van. The kit was well made and relatively easy to install. There were a couple of missing bolts from the kit, but they weren't special/custom bolts so we were able to find some in the garage. Overall a very pleasant experience and I have no trouble suggesting this company to people.

MadMax321

I had their "baja grocery getter" kit on my first van. Great kit. Installed it all myself in the driveway. Jeremy is great to work with.

marret

Another Weldtec customer. Lift and bumpers for my GMC Savana Quigley 4x4. I went with new rear springs, no blocks. Front lift was spindles, subframe, etc. Did new tie rods too. Excellent work and Jeremy/crew are great people.

zip

I had my 2018 Express converted to 4x4 with their torsion bar set up in November. I opted for the new leaf pack rather than blocks. The van rides so much nicer now, it's night and day in my opinion. I thought that Weldtec was very easy to deal with. They were responsive to my emails and actually answered the phone. Jeremy is a stand up guy and backs his products and work.View attachment 643875View attachment 643876

Did Weldtec do the 4 x 4 conversion too?

bigsam

Did Weldtec do the 4 x 4 conversion too?
They did. They were pretty much right on target with their time frames for how long everything would take and the total cost was exactly what the estimate showed. I shipped my van to them for the install, if i were local to them it would be a no brainer.

Reactions: zip

zip

Thanks for everyone's input.
I sent an email, and left a voicemail.
Hope to hear back soon.

sqrlnts

Purchased their Baja Grocery Getter for my '14 E350. Excellent communication and service. I went to their office to pickup my kit. You can tell they are super busy but Jeremy and his team take the time answer questions and even return phone calls. You will not be disappointed.

cabnetguy

I think that I would stay clear of Weldtech for the foreseeable future as I have purchased one of their kits and have been waiting for three weeks and have not received any notification of shipping, and they have repeatedly blown me off when I call to inquire about the status of my parts. I am really disappointed as I thought that this company had a good reputation. All that they have is my $4000 dollars and I have no parts or communication. Very pissed

zip

I think that I would stay clear of Weldtech for the foreseeable future as I have purchased one of their kits and have been waiting for three weeks and have not received any notification of shipping, and they have repeatedly blown me off when I call to inquire about the status of my parts. I am really disappointed as I thought that this company had a good reputation. All that they have is my $4000 dollars and I have no parts or communication. Very pissed

Very sorry to hear about your experience.

I did not receive a response to either of my two initial e mails. Jeremy did return my phone call, but it took about 2 1/2 weeks. I was not available, and called back the next day and spoke with Alyssa, who seemed very knowledgeable about their products, my vehicle, and what I was trying to do.

My previous RV was a Sportsmobile Ford E350 RB with Quigley 4 x 4. Probably a 4 inch lift. It came from Sportsmobile with the 4 x 4. Coil springs on front with blocks on the back. Not optimal 4wd.
I sold the vehicle because I no longer wanted a pop top, and was looking for a higher quality 4 x 4 conversion.
I bought an older Roadtrek, which I love as a RV. I have done quite bit of research on the 4 x 4 conversion, and it does not look like this vehicle will work out for me.
When Roadtrek did the RV conversion, there was nothing done to the suspension, and the vehicle sits obscenely low.
If I go with Weldtec's IFS 4 x 4 conversion, and lift, it still only raises the vehicle a few inches.
Another option is BOR's 4 x 4 conversion with the straight front axle. This would definitely give me the lift, but unfortunately, I have not heard anything positive about this company, or this conversion.
So, it looks like I am going to have to go back to the E350.
I don't know when I will be able to afford to do a new full build, so I decided to do a low dollar mini build on my Roadtrek. I don't want to drop a ton of money in to it, because I am not going to keep it. I just want to be able to drive down your basic dirt road without bottoming out.
I decided to go with Weldtec's basic 5" lift, and have them do the labor.
The kit comes with:
3’’ LIFT SPINDLES (CE-3LS)
2’’ ALUMINUM COIL SPACERS (CE-ALS)
FOX PERFORMANCE SERIES 2.0 SMOOTH BODY IFP SHOCK QTY 4
3’’ BLOCKS (3.0 BLOCK)
CHEVY EXPRESS U-BOLTS (CE-UB-SE)
UPGRADED OPTION – PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRINGS (ADDITIONAL COST)

When I spoke with Alyssa, she said that if I didn't go with the upgraded option of the progressive leaf springs, I would not be happy with this lift kit. I explained that I am just trying to not hit the door on the curb when I go to the market, and not bottom out on minimal bumps. If I was going to keep this van, I would spend the money.

She put me on hold a few times, seemed like she was kind of annoyed, and talked me out of making this purchase.
I thanked her for her time and ended the phone call.

Overall, didn't get a really good vibe from Weldtec. Not sure what exactly what the issue was/is.

On a funny side note, e mailed Chris at Ujoint, and got a positive response within a couple of hours.

Anyway, hope you are able to get a positive resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior