Anyone Heard of this Product?

FlyingWen

Explorer
I have been contacted by a company who would like their products sold on our site.
Usually we will never sell a product unless we have actually had the opportunity to play with it and make sure it is a quality item. That being said, I am wondering if any of you have heard of and used the Baja Buster
baja.jpg
?

The BajaBuster is a less expensive version of the new Hi-Lift Handle-All. It woudl retail for $49.95, as opposed to the Handle All at $135.

I would like to get some feedback before I consider adding it to our site.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Interesting pix. Does it come with the jack, or replace the standard HI-Lift handle?

And I guess that is a hoe in the pix? (can you say 'hoe' here?)

Can't ya talke 'em into sending you one for evaluation?

Or, better yet, have 'em send it to me, and I'll let you know if it's quality kit. :)

FlyingWen

Explorer
I actually did just sweet talk them into sending me one!

You must supply the Hi-Lift. The BajaBuster is a kit containing a shovel, hoe and rake.

I'll have to fill you guys in once I get my hands on it!

Robert Bills

Explorer
This is the PR blurb on the "Baja Buster" from the May '07 issue of JP Magazine:

"Finally, a full-length shovel that is easy to fit in a Jeep. No more crawling under your rig to dig it out of the mud or sand, thanks to the short military shovel you brought with you. This shovel replaces the Hi-Lift jack handle with a longer, angled handle for better leverage and graspability. When stuck, just pull this handle off the jack, pull out the shovel or hoe head, attach with the quick release pins, and you've got a tool that can easily get under the Jeep without crawling. The attachments are small and easily fit under the seat of the Jeep. Now you can have a bigger shovel and not lose any of your precious interior space."

Their website indicates that the "Baja Buster" replaces the handle on your High Lift (or other farm jack), and lists a retail price of $91.95 including shipping.

Is the $49.95 retail price mentioned in your post without the handle (i.e., just the attachments), or has their price come down, or a typo, or (God forbid) you just accidentally posted your cost? :yikes:

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
Letting a single handle serve double-duty on both the Hi-Lift and shovel/hoe/etc. makes great sense to me.

That's not the case with the more-expensive Hi-Lift Handle-All is it? I thought its handle was a completely independent piece from the jack handle.

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Interesting bit of kit........is it just a flash fire or will it take off? I would be interested in testing one.

FlyingWen

Explorer
Robert Bills said:
Is the $49.95 retail price mentioned in your post without the handle (i.e., just the attachments), or has their price come down, or a typo, or (God forbid) you just accidentally posted your cost? :yikes:

We received this product as a sample and have got to say it is a solid product!
The shovel is better then a folding shovel, but it is flat as opposed to a normal shovel.

All and all, not too shabby. The retail price on these bad boys will be $49.95 (not a typo) and that comes with the bar, shovel attachment, and how attachment.
BajaBuster005.jpg

We are still not sure if we will be selling it or not.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
FlyingWen said:
We received this product as a sample and have got to say it is a solid product!
The shovel is better then a folding shovel, but it is flat as opposed to a normal shovel.

All and all, not too shabby. The retail price on these bad boys will be $49.95 (not a typo) and that comes with the bar, shovel attachment, and how attachment.
BajaBuster005.jpg

We are still not sure if we will be selling it or not.

It looks like a quality piece of kit. :bigbossHL:

Made in USA is a big plus IMO.

And, if the handle does double duty (interchangeability) with the Hi-Lift, this is also another great selling point as the only weight you are really adding to the vehicle would hypothetically be the shovel head attachments.

If it works out I could see one in my toolbox for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles