Anyone heard of Acela Trucks before?

martinf

I had high hopes for Acela when I first saw them last year. I was pretty disappointed to see they dropped a $300k box on their rig. It seems like the margins are in the highest dollar buyer. How much is an XP box? I'd love to see a functional box for around $125k. Something livable, with no granite or tile backsplashes in sight.

I had the same experience last year KateBaggins. The GVX guy wouldn't even get out of his seat to answer a couple of questions I had.

Have you checked out base4x4? Base price for 4x4 chassis is $95k, the interior options will drive the price up a bit but it's a keep it simple concept. THey have not updated the website in a while though so I don't know if they're actually selling the thing.

BajahaMontana

I went out to Acella in September in Belgrade MT and also took a test drive. Over 40 yrs a pilot and aircraft engineer and mechanic, 10 yrs heavy structures in the 747-400 production factory and quality mgr in aircraft factories in Japan and Germany for a few years. Drove the baja over 40 times living in Cabo San Lucas in the early 80s
Needless to say been around the block a bit.
I was beyond impressed with thier entire process and buildout. I looked at the process a little differently than most with my background and interest.
From the teardown to the buildup, all the electrical was aircraft grade, the interior process exceeds most OEM American builds including the wood steering wheel and onboard diagnostic trip computer.
They have a 24 hr worldwide parts delivery warranty included and after 35+ trucks delivered only had 2 issues.
The units drive and accelerate like a scolded cat, better that my "built" late model landcruiser.
David told me the Acella stands for ACCELERATION AND EXCELLENCE.
I'd put the truck up against the non existent non available UNIMOG for North America . I also been to that factory 18 yrs ago.

I just need to get my better halves permission to pull the trigger.
I looked at a 2019 Ford Shelby raptor truck that cost 9,000 more and fully Chevy booked out truck and nothing campares to the Monterra truck .

Attachments

• 20190925_125439.jpg
    20190925_125439.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • 20190925_114857.jpg
    20190925_114857.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

BajahaMontana

I went out to Acella in September in Belgrade MT and also took a test drive. Over 40 yrs a pilot and aircraft engineer and mechanic, 10 yrs heavy structures in the 747-400 production factory and quality mgr in aircraft factories in Japan and Germany for a few years. Drove the baja over 40 times living in Cabo San Lucas in the early 80s
I was beyond impressed with thier entire process and buildout. I looked at the process a little differently than most with my background and interest.
From the teardown to the buildup, all the electrical was aircraft grade, the interior process exceeds most OEM American builds including the wood steering wheel and trip computer with
diagnostic capabilities.
They have a 24 hr worldwide parts delivery warranty included and after 35+ trucks delivered only had 2 issues.
The units drive and accelerate like a scolded cat, better that my "built" late model landcruiser.
I'd put the truck up against the non existent non available UNIMOG for North America . I also been to that factory 18 yrs ago.

I looked at a 2019 Ford Shelby raptor truck that cost 9,000 more and Chevy booked out truck and nothing campares to the Monterra truck .

Attachments

• 20190925_114857.jpg
    20190925_114857.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 20190925_125439.jpg
    20190925_125439.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

AMBOT

Adventurer
As someone who has to pound out many highway miles to get anywhere interesting, did you drive on the highway with the fast axles? If so up to what speed and how did it drive? How was the noise and at what rpm? I have partial hearing so a quiet cab as possible is ideal. Im very interested in the 2020 Earthcruiser as it looks as capable but with a quiet smooth v8 but that only comes with the EC box, which may not work for me.

I think some high quality video of these trucks at highway speed would help sell them, if it’s indeed a good experience.

Coming from a van body I appreciate a short wheelbase and looking forward to a pleasant cab over experience in the future.

From the teardown to the buildup, all the electrical was aircraft grade, the interior process exceeds most OEM American builds including the wood steering wheel and trip computer with
diagnostic capabilities.

I looked at a 2019 Ford Shelby raptor truck that cost 9,000 more and Chevy booked out truck and nothing campares to the Monterra truck .
We have several customers that used Acela as their base truck. View attachment 553345View attachment 553346View attachment 553347

edaydesign

Curious on any new updates on this thread? Anyone obtain the Acela or do their own conversation?

Im looking to sit in the cabin of the LMTV(M1088) or Acela to verify leg room hence I am 6'10!

Know of anyone near Cincinnati, Ohio? where I am based?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles