Anyone have their gen2 triple meter out of the dash at the moment and can take a pic?

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
I am continuing to bid on Paj-Evos, and one has come up with interior mods that will have to be "undone". The triple meter has been usurped in favour of... what else... TV/DVD player, and some kind of goofy shelf. I've had the top of a gen2 dash apart before, but its been a few years, and I don't have one at my disposal at the moment. Anybody out there have one apart at the moment that could grab me a pic or two of what's under there? I'm trying to determine how much, if any, damage can possibly be under there, before I bid. Here's what I'm possibly looking at...

CI201505020000795959010800.jpg

I'm wondering if they took the easy/less ham-fisted method of removing the under part of the meter assembly, and then using the existing holes, thus making it easy to find and reinstall another gauge cluster (assuming I can find one?)

CI201505020000795959080800 (1).jpg

If someone has a pic of what is under there, it might help a little in terms of guessing how much damage I could be dealing with... I can post an outside shot if anyone wants to see it, but that may be premature. I'll see how the auction goes first, and then start a new thread if I'm successful. Can't wait to get back in the gen2 game. My wife now calls the gen3 "her" truck with no hesitation. LOL. And.... truth be told... so do I. ;)

Cheers
Phil

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
It's a rather large area that the gauge pod covers, I just wonder what they did with the wiring.

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
It's a rather large area that the gauge pod covers, I just wonder what they did with the wiring.

Yeah me too. Hopefully it was just an unclip here and an unclip there... let the pigtails hang and find 12V from the radio harness.

Still. I think if the center stack was unbolted it'd leave lots of room without hacking...

KarmannMarco

Adventurer
i recently took mine off. Once the plug for the gauges is disconnected it can be pushed down into the hole. besides that hole for the harness it's just a flat shelf area. Im sure there are some very low option Pajeros out there with no gauge pods and just a flat "shelf" from looking at the design. Under that flat area if you peek through the hole for the harness there is some sturdy tubing/framing for the dash so I sincerely doubt they could have damaged much. You can feed wires through the harness holes and cane easily be routed through to the radio/climate control area without any modification. I did car audio for 10+ years and if the work was done by competent techs I'm failry sure there should not be any damage there besides maybe some bracketry mounted for the dvd player which would easily be covered by the gauge pod assembly.

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Thanks guys. I don't think this is going to keep me away from this rig. The price might though. We shall see. There's another one that comes up before it that I'm still waiting on a translation for. Fingers crossed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles