Anyone have the ARB Stubby?

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Ordered mine today, it will be replacing an AEV Premium front bumper (which I will be listing for sale soon) and wanted to know what owners thought of the ARB Stubby bumper. I plan to replace the factory flares with Nemesis after the bumper is on.

Thanks

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
I have the ARB STUBBY and I love it!!! Then again I have always liked the ARB line of products. My current Jeep is a 2013 JKU with 4"OME suspension, ARB rear. Bumper & ARB STUBBY front. I will tell you that you will have some mods to get it installed and even more if you plan on using th new WARN ZENON winch. I used the WARN ZENON winch and it took a little massaging to fit it into place but once it was installed it looks awesome.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Stepping up to 39" tires soon and making preparations. I want to keep the jeep as low as I can so no more lift. AEV makes awesome stuff but for what i am doing i need the extra room of the Nemesis flares and a stubby front bumper. FYI i have plans to pull the front bumper off on 6/4/13 so let me just mention what will be available... AEV premium front bumper, AEV front skid and the AEV winch plate for the bumper. New these would cost 1700.00 +shipping i think i am going to ask 1200$ If some one wants to jump on this PM please i don't want to turn this into a for sale thread as i want to post pics of the change and see pics of of others with the ARB stubby. I have the Warn CTI-S so no Zeon looking forward to the install.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
id like to see some pictures if anybody has any. going to be ordering a bumper this week adn this is one of the ones im considering

paulsmith

For mine I am thinking of this brand new bumper from Pronghorn, 43 pounds of weight and with so many recovery points and optionals, take a look:

prong2.jpg

fgtex

I have one. Only mod to the Jeep so far.

IMG-20130202-00052-Copy.jpg

IMG-20130202-00053.jpg

IMG-20130202-00054.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ramjet

Explorer
The Pronghorn is nice but twice the price with very few options in that price. Saw it at Expo. It starts at 1400 and goes up from there. Great craftsmanship though.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
if you can put nemesis billy rockers on, i really dont think a front ARB is going to give you too much trouble

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
LOL yeah I'm not expecting any issues. It was ment more like, anything issues come up during the bumper install that would have been good to know in the begining.
The rockers were fun! Pulled the outers about 5 months ago to get them lineXed way better now.

fgtex

Hey FGTEX can you tell me how the install was? Straight forward or not?
Thanks
Install was straightforward. I had the most trouble removing the stock bumper. The only modification needed to install the ARB Stubby bumper is to flatten out the piece of the frame end that flares up. Make sure you have a sledge hammer. I have not installed a winch yet.

Last edited:

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I plan to run the ARB stubby sometime. I have the full face ARB right now. My only issue is with the Zeon Warn winch. That's the winch I'm running and they don't drop right into place on the stubby. I don't really like the idea of having to trim and get the winch to drop into place. So I've just been holding out for now.

paulsmith

The Pronghorn is nice but twice the price with very few options in that price. Saw it at Expo. It starts at 1400 and goes up from there. Great craftsmanship though.

The price is very relative! the transport for the parts is inexpensive compared to others. The stubby is lighter than the plastic bumper, and that is also very important for suspension, steering and mileage. Also the possibility to use accessories both front and rear. And of course it is more expensive than ARB or others, others use cheap steel, Pronghorn uses aircraft grade aluminum, you pay what you get!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior