Anyone have experience with the Expedition One Mule Load Bar Rack Kit?

GreggNY

Im looking at options for a rack/tent or camper cap setup for my 2500 power wagon and came across the Expedition One Mule rack. I've never heard of or seen anyone using this as most seem to favor the Leitner rack. I really don't need all the attachments and boxes of the Leitner so something more simple works for me (I know the sliding bars of the Leitner are a nice touch). The Mule rack seems like a solid option though that is almost 1/3 of the price of the Leitner and no-drill so it could be removed/sold pretty easily if it didn't work out the way I wanted. Does anyone have any info about or experience with this rack?? Links to info are below, and thanks in advance.

buellconvert

That's a really cool looking system, rather simple and appears fairly strong. I like it and my favorite part was on their website they actually had to put the comment...tent not included!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

mrpeepers74

I have one, send me a pm ill send you photos on a 3rd gen ram. It's very stout, aluminum, rock solid for my Tepui Kukenam XL. No fancy attachments on the side, but I tend to put Costco totes under mine and it works well to keep things accessible. Also learned they now are making a side panel for tool storage, not for sale yet.

Last edited:

Halligan

Adventurer
I'm going with the Yakima Overhaul HD racks on my truck. Whats really nice is the height adjustability and the ability to to add whatever Yakima products you want to it for hauling bikes, kayaks, cargo baskets and so on. Another nice feature is the the ability to use the Yakima rack with a Retrax tonneau cover. Now you can have a locking tonneau and a rack on your truck without drilling any holes in the bed.

Halligan

Adventurer
I will also add that the Yakima is more expensive Mule rack so thats a negative but It also has optional side bars the will allow the mounting of Rotopax products.

Oilbrnr

All I can add to this is, ExPo One customer service SUUUUUCCKKSSS!!!!!! I wouldn't let them eat the corn nuts out of my $hit!

At one point (hell, still), had I lived up there in UT, I would have backed their sorry ass rear bumper through their front door! :mad:

Do a search on here for them. Grab a snack and your fav beverage for some insight.

chet6.7

Explorer
All I can add to this is, ExPo One customer service SUUUUUCCKKSSS!!!!!! I wouldn't let them eat the corn nuts out of my $hit!

At one point (hell, still), had I lived up there in UT, I would have backed their sorry ass rear bumper through their front door! :mad:

Do a search on here for them. Grab a snack and your fav beverage for some insight.
Nah,they have ungrateful customers that expect a product to be designed well,made well and delivered in this decade.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94