Anyone have any experience with the James Baroud Eco Bag or RTT Luggage Bag?

Title says it all... I’m in search of a bag to go on my spare tire. I’ve read reviews on the Trasharoo but it’s durability and lack of being waterproof is a bit of a turnoff. I know from experience that soggy trash can be gross to clean out. The James Baroud Eco Bag caught my eye but I’m having a hard time finding it in stock anywhere and I haven’t been able to read any reviews on it either.

I’m also looking at the James Baroud Luggage Bag for the top of my Grand Raid XXL. With a new little one on the way soon space will definitely be a premium in my FJ. Same problem however... I can’t find it in stock anywhere and I can’t find any reviews on it. Thanks!

coledudley

Observer
The version of the JB rooftop bag that I had for a period of time was not waterproof. Everything inside got soaked every time it rained.

MccannUSA

Title says it all... I’m in search of a bag to go on my spare tire. I’ve read reviews on the Trasharoo but it’s durability and lack of being waterproof is a bit of a turnoff. I know from experience that soggy trash can be gross to clean out. The James Baroud Eco Bag caught my eye but I’m having a hard time finding it in stock anywhere and I haven’t been able to read any reviews on it either.

I’m also looking at the James Baroud Luggage Bag for the top of my Grand Raid XXL. With a new little one on the way soon space will definitely be a premium in my FJ. Same problem however... I can’t find it in stock anywhere and I can’t find any reviews on it. Thanks!
I am curtly working on some new style spare tire bags for a local company (I deign and build their prototype gear). I can't say a whole lot yet but the prototypes will be finished over the next couple of weeks and will be available soon. I will be able to post pics and descriptions when they are finished. What I can say is that they will be very nice, PVC truck tarp material, all metal hard wear, and built here in Northern California by a company that has been in business making Firefighting and Law Enforcement gear for over 30 years. Any ways, just another option that will be out soon.

wild_turkey

We have the JB luggage bag on top of our JB Grand RAID. It works great and I throw large bulky items up there like our stove, Mr heater buddy, and fold up camp kitchen. It buys some good interior space back in the 4Runner. I bought the bag from OK4wd. They had it in stock and free shipping at the time. It’s a little high to load and unload, but otherwise very happy with it so far.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Per the first post: I understand that the Trasharoo may not be waterproof but putting trash directly in the bag seem a bit foolish. I use a large plastic trash bag inside and throw it away when I reach civilization. No smell or crud in the thing that way and certainly not wet trash. I use the bag to store things on the way to camp like large pans and wood.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I use mine the same way, with plastic garbage bags inside the Trasharoo.

Sure, it gets torn up from firewood, but given it's low cost ($50), I have no problem replacing this once per year - the convenience it offers is very much worth it.

I agree with this. Keep a heavy-duty black trash bag in the Trasharoo (and the lid closed during rainy days) and it is no problem. I've left mine on the Jeep 365 days a year for two years. Still works. Keep a full roll of the trash bags in the bottom. Best place to store them IMO.

To be fair I haven't used any other trash bag/system.

shoredreamer

Observer
When I had the Grand Raid I used a Keeper bag and it worked fine. Fit the Grand Raid space up top about perfect and only $40 or so. The bag is like a thinner version of a RTT cover. I could tie it down with the loops on the shell too.71E054D1-F468-424C-A73A-605E7DA27F21.jpeg

MccannUSA

These will be available soon from Nomad Adventure Gear. PVC vinyl, 10k webbing, all metal hardware. The ladder bag also fits the spare tire. These are pre-production prototypes but for the most part these will be the final product. I know the large tire bag will be getting pals loops on the side for addition storage bags but overall will be the same.20180702_193623.jpg20180702_193633.jpg20180702_193709.jpg20180702_202735.jpg20180702_202842.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles