Anyone have an XVenture by Schutt Ind ?

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
So.... Just want to apologize to Schutt and Tim K. ALL of his responses were going into my junk spam folder. Literally the first time in ten years this has happened. My fault. Not his. Those guys got me what I needed. My bad!! Taking my XV2 out again this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallygator

Adventurer
The dimension from the bottom of the cargo bed to the top of the rack fully extended 56 inches total.

A Note on the galley table is that it we have versions available without the stove cutout. We didn't want to limit the experience to an individual type or brand of stove so this is an option.

We rate the trailer to a 3500lbs GVW capacity but the axle was designed to be most optimal when carrying ~2000lbs or more capacity. Keep in mind the trailer when fully loaded with normal accessories we offer such as water, propane, elevating rack, tent, awning etc.. is usually around the 2000lb mark. This is the standard and smallest axle setup. We can customize and go bigger just not smaller.

Thank you for your clear and concise answers to my questions. It's nice having you here on this forum. Much appreciated

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Took the XVenture to a soccer tournament this weekend that had people from Colorado, NM, Utah, Wyoming, Texas and Arizona participating. We were deployed and cooking up smashburgers. I was wanting to take a nap in the James Baroud so bad all day today. But Sooooo many people stopped by my trailer to talk about it. Schutt will no doubt be getting some prospective buyers off of this weekend!! It's a serious conversation piece.

MtnBubba

Observer
059ee5c5266eeaef928d4b61a2ebdfe2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed that your XV2 wheels match your Jeep JK. What did you have to do to make that work? Do you have 5x5" trailer hubs? Did you need spacers with the ezlube axles?

I recently purchased a used XV2. Interested in owners opinions of the motorized rack raising option. Anyone with the option? Have any video of it at work? Worth the $$?

Any input appreciated.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I recently purchased a used XV2. Interested in owners opinions of the motorized rack raising option. Anyone with the option? Have any video of it at work? Worth the $$?

Any input appreciated.

Don't have video but from researching the XV2 heavily for over a year including talking to former and current owners if I would have bought the xv2 I would have gone with the motorized option. I do a fair amount of solo camping so it would have been a no brainer on the cost vs benefit. Even with two people I think the ease of use would have justified the price. Just my .02

@Outsidsomewhere - thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the trailer I purchased used did not include the option. Quote for parts alone I have received is upward of $3000 so even if I do the labor install myself its a bigger investment than I anticipated. I do like the idea of flipping a switch and up it goes....

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I use a HiLift to raise it by myself. Not too bad. Takes a few extra minutes. Saved 3000. There is probably a way to put a mini pulley 3:1 on it and do it manually and easier then using a jack. The easiest way is to have a friend with you.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
@Outsidsomewhere - thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the trailer I purchased used did not include the option. Quote for parts alone I have received is upward of $3000 so even if I do the labor install myself its a bigger investment than I anticipated. I do like the idea of flipping a switch and up it goes....

See if you can get someone that has the powered version to snap some tight shots of that system. I find it hard to believe that there are 3k in parts for lifting a 200 pound-ish RTT. You might be able to source the stuff and diy it.

@Outside somewhere- that's a great suggestion. Anyone willing to take and post a few pictures would be greatly appreciated and rewarded with much praise and emoji. :Wow1:

ChetRipley

We intentionally designed the elevating rack system to have extra compliance (play) in the supports so that it can telescope properly for it's intended use. Unfortunately this "noisy rack" is a side effect of that additional compliance which is caused by the vibration and rattle of these moving parts. In short while it doesn't pose any structural or functional issue it can be for some a minor audible nuisance.

We have been working on and testing different solutions for this concern and we have come up with a field fix for anyone that has interest to reducing the noise.

It involves installing two nylon tipped set screws(as shown below) into each elevating rack outer support bar.. so eight of them total. The nylon set screws are used to tension(clamp) the outer and inner bars to reduce the compliance as mentioned above which reduces the vibration and subsequent noise. The set screws need to be tightened for transport/travel and loosened to raise or lower the rack((takes a 3/16" allen wrench).

Installing can be a bit tricky because the inner bars need to be removed first (so the rack itself needs to be removed or lifted off)prior to drilling and tapping 8 holes in the outer tube. If anyone is interested I can provide the set screw detail, dimensions, hole and tap size for this.

View attachment 362978
I know this post was written 6 years ago, but I have a 2014 xv2 and would like the info to quiet the elevating rack system when using the RTT. Can someone send me the info or any more update solution? Thanks in advance!

XVENTURE TRAILERS

Supporting Sponsor - XVENTURE Trailers
I know this post was written 6 years ago, but I have a 2014 xv2 and would like the info to quiet the elevating rack system when using the RTT. Can someone send me the info or any more update solution? Thanks in advance!

Hi Chet, we have implemented the set screw provisions for new builds and still have the above available for retrofit. Drop us a line at xventure@schuttindustries.com and we can help with what you would need for this.

Thanks,

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94