Anyone have an IIDTool and an LR3?

Thartek

I'm having a few issues and need help with a baseline. What should I be seeing in the IIDTool when I go to Live Values -> Vehicle Dynamic -> Yaw Rate Sensor? When I do this and drive around, I'm only seeing "-500 deg/s"... regardless whether the yaw sensor is connected or disconnected. I assume this is wrong and should be changing?

I have an '08 LR3 SE. I'm in limp mode with an amber ABS light, amber brake light, and the DSC light on. The Suspension light illuminates too when I drive more than 15 feet and tells me it's lowering, the already-lowered EAS.

I've swapped out the ABS control module, disconnected the yaw sensor, reseated the bunch of connectors behind the battery... I continuity-checked the 4 lines from the yaw sensor to the ABS module harness: yellow+black goes to pin 25; yellow+brown goes to pin 45; green is grounded when the LR3 is off, but disconnects from ground when the ignition is on.

The IIDTool is showing the following codes:
Instrument Pack:
u0127-87(2E) Lost communication to Tire Pressure Monitor (this has always given me troubles...)
Transfer Case
u0122-87(28) Lost communication to Vehicle Dynamic Control module
Vehicle Dynamic Control:
c1a98-01(0B) Yaw Rate Sensor Circuit
c1a98-86(0B) Yaw Rate Sensor Circuit
c1a97-86(0B) Lateral Accelerometer circuit
c1a99-29(0B) Pressure Sensor
c1a99-49(0B) Pressure Sensor

I think my next step will be to take the yaw sensor to the dealer and have them verify it's working properly (if possible). But the communication error in the transfer case, and the two pressure sensor errors in the Vehicle Dynamic Control module makes me think it's bigger than just the sensor... I may swap the other ABS module in again and see what I get in the IIDTool.

Thanks!

JAK

JAK:JeremySnow
Check your ABS sensors and wires. I had one that wasn't properly restrained and the tire wore through it. This caused all of the same ABS light, amber brake light and DCS light with a drop to the bump stops.

jpc1818

Adventurer
I have the tool, best investment I have made for my LR3....
I just got it a few weeks ago and it can do lots..

Double check your tail lights and see if they are all functioning correctly. If you do not have factory LR tail light bulbs in all places of your rear of your rig, change them out to factory even if the aftermarket ones light up. The Ohms are different and messes with the suspension, especially in a low battery voltage condition.

Ask me how I know this could be a potential issue? I'll tell you!

Chased this same thing a last summer! I had a burnt out bulb and put a NAPA shelf one in. Worked for a few days and then the problem came back but the lights all worked. I chased it around on the GAP for a while and finally saw a member who said use factory bulbs only. I pulled all the tail light bulbs, changed them back to LR bulbs and never looked back. I keep 2 spares in the jack compartment. Haven't had a suspension glitch since!

Good luck.

Charliesh123

I'm having a few issues and need help with a baseline. What should I be seeing in the IIDTool when I go to Live Values -> Vehicle Dynamic -> Yaw Rate Sensor? When I do this and drive around, I'm only seeing "-500 deg/s"... regardless whether the yaw sensor is connected or disconnected. I assume this is wrong and should be changing?

I have an '08 LR3 SE. I'm in limp mode with an amber ABS light, amber brake light, and the DSC light on. The Suspension light illuminates too when I drive more than 15 feet and tells me it's lowering, the already-lowered EAS.

I've swapped out the ABS control module, disconnected the yaw sensor, reseated the bunch of connectors behind the battery... I continuity-checked the 4 lines from the yaw sensor to the ABS module harness: yellow+black goes to pin 25; yellow+brown goes to pin 45; green is grounded when the LR3 is off, but disconnects from ground when the ignition is on.

The IIDTool is showing the following codes:
Instrument Pack:
u0127-87(2E) Lost communication to Tire Pressure Monitor (this has always given me troubles...)
Transfer Case
u0122-87(28) Lost communication to Vehicle Dynamic Control module
Vehicle Dynamic Control:
c1a98-01(0B) Yaw Rate Sensor Circuit
c1a98-86(0B) Yaw Rate Sensor Circuit
c1a97-86(0B) Lateral Accelerometer circuit
c1a99-29(0B) Pressure Sensor
c1a99-49(0B) Pressure Sensor

I think my next step will be to take the yaw sensor to the dealer and have them verify it's working properly (if possible). But the communication error in the transfer case, and the two pressure sensor errors in the Vehicle Dynamic Control module makes me think it's bigger than just the sensor... I may swap the other ABS module in again and see what I get in the IIDTool.

Thanks!
Did you ever manage to get this sorted? Having the same issue

Thartek

I still have the transmission spitting out "bad data" errors every so often, and I think it's still the fault of the ABS module. The gremlin is definitely triggered by the brake switch, and I figured out that I can even trigger it without the car being started. But I'm ultimately just living with my gremlin. I have to reboot the LR3 every so often, but unless it's at night, it's usually no big deal. (and even then, I'm sure people are just curious why I dipped all of my lights off for a second.)

The thing I found out about the yaw sensor though, is that the '08 ABS Module and the '06 ABS Module had a different pinout. They can't be swapped, and that is why the Yaw Sensor was freaking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94