Anyone have an extra American Flag?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
main.php

This upcoming weekend Disabled Explorers will be taking a disabled vet on El Camino del Diablo (Devils Highway). The guy doesn't know it but there is a Boy Scout monument next to the trail and I want to have him help replace the old flag with a new one.

Every time I have run the Camino the flag is ratted out, so I was wondering if anyone had a medium sized (size doesn't really matter) American Flag they would be willing to send. As long as it gets to Phx by Thurs we are good.

check the website www.disabledexplorers.org for the shipping adrs
or email info AT disabledexplorers org

Of course any help towards fuel, food, insurance or the other cost of the outings is great also. It isn't always the cash that is needed but the stuff the cash brings

We will be looking for other disabled vet's to take through Death Valley, Mojave Road, Arizona Strip/North Rim and the Utah Canyonlands throughout the year so if you know or meet anyone who would be a good candidate please let me know.
Of course we work with anyone with physical mobility challenges, it is just these Desert Solitude Series are dedicated to our vet's.

SilverBullet

Explorer
lance, can you come back up to Prescott Valley to pick up? I am pretty sure I have one that was flown over the capital. Gift from years ago, but never used since I have a flag.

1leglance

wow that would be amazing!
Let me know if you do have it as J Brandon one of our fellow Expo membersand DE's Volntr Comm guy is coming down from Reno to join the Devils Highway adventure and will be passing through on Thurs I think.
Thanks!

Anyone else as a backup?

Chris

Adventurer
Lance, due to the short notice I'm not sure if you could pull it off this time but FYI, you can contact the State capital and they will send you a flag that was flown over the State Capital building. Although a bit more difficult, if you plan ahead I do believe the Whitehouse will do the same.

Check out getting the state flag, for the cause they may find a way to expedite it.

Good luck.

:ylsmoke:

1leglance

Lance, due to the short notice I'm not sure if you could pull it off this time but FYI, you can contact the State capital and they will send you a flag that was flown over the State Capital building. Although a bit more difficult, if you plan ahead I do believe the Whitehouse will do the same.

Check out getting the state flag, for the cause they may find a way to expedite it.

Good luck.

:ylsmoke:

Wow that is tremendous news and beyond cool...
thanks and I will see what I can come up with.

you folks are a treasure trove of info :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online