Anyone have a Craigslist truck they can't stop thinking about?

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
I really have to keep my heart from straying (I'm not going to be buying), but every once in a while I come across an example, in browsing, that I keeping going back and looking at.

This may not be the apple of everyone's eye, but I haven't been able to get it off my mind. Maybe it's the stock, chrome-less configuration, the weave of that 90s interior fabric, its spartan outfit or the wonder of what it might look like after a wax.

00T0T_50Od0njEPwO_600x450.jpg

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4369263072.html

Sure, it has the 3VZ-E, but there's something about the classic lines of the reg-cab and that original 15x6 rolling stock. Even the shift knob takes me back the '84 Tercel wagon I grew up with.

I have nonchalantly tucked the photo in an album so I can gaze upon it scandalously.

Last edited:

YotaPilot

Adventurer
I don't have a specific vehicle, but I can't seem to get my mind off of Land cruiser FJ60s as of late. I have been trolling craigslist and eBay religiously looking at them, even though I know I won't be buying.

olypenjeeper

I'm a T100 fan, have a 97 5 speed 4x4. It's a tough truck. Id be looking for a 95-98 with the 3.4 if I were gonna get a single cab. My craigslist searches are all FJ60's I just really dig them.

getout

Adventurer
This has been my google search lately:

site:craigslist.org toyota 4runner 1987..1989 $700..$3000 filetype:html

Then I narrow it down to results in the last week

Not that I need a something else...but if I was going to buy a something else it'd be a cheap v6, removable top, manual trans 4runner.

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Whoa...that's an interesting pre-runner type creation. It probably flattens the sand berms instead of leaping them.

I do really like the T100s. If I ever did get one, it'd probably would be with the 3.4. Wasn't the 3.4 reg-cab only available for one model year? You sure don't see many of them.

I like looking at FJ-55s, and Tercel 4wd wagons...

deadbeat son

Explorer
Whoa...that's an interesting pre-runner type creation. It probably flattens the sand berms instead of leaping them.

I do really like the T100s. If I ever did get one, it'd probably would be with the 3.4. Wasn't the 3.4 reg-cab only available for one model year? You sure don't see many of them.

I really enjoy perusing autotrader.com & CL for unmolested, clean, absurdly low mileage examples of the 4x4s of my youth. Everything from S10 blazers, Bronco IIs, and Grand Wagoneers to 4 Runners, Land Cruisers, and trucks. If I had unlimited funds, I would have a worthless collection of late '70s through early '90s 4wds.

J

JWP58

I don't know, the extended cab T100 with a 3.4L I owned for about two months was a dog, I cant imagine one with the 3.slow. Pretty clean body though..

SC T100

Adventurer

Yup...1995 was the only year for a regular cab 4x4 with the 3.4. The rarest of the rare T100s. And I would do pretty much anything to get one. A black one with about 100K was for sale not long ago...it would've matched my black 97 Xtracab 4x4. If I had the cash I would have the matching pair. Highly capable trucks...slow for sure, but enough power for my needs (loaded will cruise happily all day at 70+), a big bed and strong running gear, and built in Japan with old-school Toyota reliability and build quality. What more do you need?

SC T100

Adventurer
Oh and I really drool over any '92 and earlier 4x4 Dodge Rams or any of them with the regular cab short bed. Wish I kept the one I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles