Anyone ever ship a trailer

Romer

Adventurer
I bought a Kimberley Karavan and it will be at the port of LA around mid November with potentially two weeks to get through paperwork

I am debating on picking up (my preference) or shipping it. I have picked up a lot of vehicles, but time may not allow me to pick this up

Since it is new, I would want a service that would take great care of it.

Thanks

Ken

Xrunner

Explorer
I've had good luck (and pricing) from Uship. You essentially set up an auction for the shipment and get bids from different shippers.

You can be picky if you want and limit your search to certain transport types (enclosed, etc) but that usually adds cost or time.

I second Uship but be advised there are a lot of less then professional transporters on the site as well. Make sure you do your home work (check feed back etc..) I have shipped a few trailers through Uship, One was a good experience. The other the driver loaded and unloaded the tent trailer several times to pick up other loads (without notifying me) and even opened it up to "check it out"

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'll third u-ship - it's a very good option, but as others have said do your due diligence.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I bought a Kimberley Karavan and it will be at the port of LA around mid November with potentially two weeks to get through paperwork

It did not take two weeks for mine to clear the paperwork. As I remember, it was only a couple of days.

Also, Loxton will come and give you training on the van in Compton, if you go down to pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94