Anyone else considering an Earthcruiser Terranova?

cdnewt

Hi... For the past 2 years, I've been consuming all things overlanding, in an effort to decide on which rig will replace my heavily modified Winnebago Revel. For many reasons, I've started to focus on the Earthcruiser Terranova. I was wondering who else might also be considering one, or maybe ordered already or lucky enough to already have one in hand and might be willing to share their thoughts on the Terranova? Any other vehicles you considered? Anything holding you back? Thanks all!

Howard70

Adventurer
Well, assuming the subject wasn't a typo I think sitting and EarthCruiser EXP box onto a Bollinger cab/chassis would be a great electrical solution (if one wants an EV). But for the immediate future we'll stick with the diesel Fuso.

Howard

cdnewt

Yikes... thanks for pointing that out. Damn autocorrect. I read a lot about EVs as well, so even on re-reading the title, I didn't catch the error. Fixed it now to make it more clear. :)

Steve_382

The toilet setup doesn't bother me that much, but I would prefer some kind of smooth sided shower stall instead of a shower curtain. Seems like the shower curtain would difficult to dry after showering compared to a smooth solid surface. I would also like to see them modify the storage in the dinette area. Perhaps a full length hinged lid on each side instead of the removable sliding boxes and smaller hole. You could still use boxes inside if you wanted. Another thing that seems difficult to me is getting all the windows zipped and unzipped as weather conditions and privacy needs change throughout the day. 8 beautiful windows, but that's 24 zippers that need adjustment. I think perhaps the privacy layer could just be a pull down blind attached to the ceiling.

Lots of things I really like on the vehicle though. The outside storage looks great in this version. The systems seem very well thought out. I would get the Ford Supercab (2 doors, 4 seats) with the gas motor, but that's just me.

I also think they might have been better off making it 84" wide all the way up so you could sleep side to side with a full queen mattress over the cab. I know people don't like crawling over each other, but you just need to remember that people who camp together can learn to pee together also. Ha.

cdnewt

I do like the washroom in the entry concept, because in such limited space... you need to get creative, and having both a dedicated door 'hall' that only gets used sometimes as well as a dedicated bathroom that also only gets used sometimes does use up a lot of the space. That said, I've yet to see the shower setup for the Terranova... no pics I've seen posted show a hanging curtain from the ceiling, or even a bathroom stall door (like other models have). So some questions around that.

I have to crawl over my wife to get out of the bed of the Winnebago Revel now... and the exit 'space' from that bed area is very small, so it's not great. You def walk/sit/crawl over people's legs to do it. The Terranova would be a big step up in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles