Anyone considering an Earthcruiser Terranova?

cdnewt

Posted in the integrated campers section, but thought I'd cross post here.

Hi... For the past 2 years, I've been consuming all things overlanding, in an effort to decide on which rig will replace my heavily modified Winnebago Revel. For many reasons, I've started to focus on the Earthcruiser Terranova. I was wondering who else might also be considering one, or maybe ordered already or lucky enough to already have one in hand and might be willing to share their thoughts on the Terranova? Any other vehicles you considered? Anything holding you back? Thanks all!

REF

Other than the one that was built and being raffled off, not sure any others that have been ordered have been built or delivered.
Missed seeing the Terranova at overland expo mountain west in Loveland, as everyone knows they unveiled at expo west in Flagstaff.

Also looking at

Along with some flatbed and truck camper options from OEV, Outfitter and Hallmark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
I think it will come down to cost and functionality you want...

Super Duty is an excellent platform. We transitioned from the Mercedes Sprinter as well (modified extensively).

Things we like with the truck camper setup:

Excellent in snow (smaller space, easier to heat, better insulation) we've been in single digits + high wind
Ability to remove! (we carry our jacks under the camper) great for servicing or repairing truck or exploring unloaded.
Ability to have a truck (multipurpose abilities)
Easy to modify - 37s and locked differentials (easiest truck I've built)
Parts availability (tired of Mercedes parts and service challenges)
Ability to tow (we use the truck for projects too)
Quieter (van/motor homes are noisy with "house" stuff bouncing around)
Acrylic Awing windows - love these soo much!
Cassette toilet (easy for dumping - black tanks are challenging in winter)

Keep in mind anything popup while cool looking will be noisier and less insulated (we also had a Four Wheel Camper)

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I like the idea of a van as well but the reality is that most who have gone that route that I know personally, have eventually moved on to some sort of HD truck based setup.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Don't they get covered with scratches though? I think for fulltime, the maintenance of those would be annoying...
Yes they scratch but also buff out super easy. 10 minutes per window and they are like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94