Anyone buy a Tremor yet?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
As the title states- anyone buy a Tremor yet?

The lease is up on my F150 in July and I am seriously thinking about buying one. I've only seen one on the roads and it looks great. Hoping to find one at a dealer to test drive sometime in the next month or two.

Jspeers89

Way more than that. Shocks, springs, ride quality and looks are just a couple items different from a regular 250. Test drove both the 7.3 and the diesel. I'll be getting the diesel. The 7.3 was really good but it personally felt like a step down in power from my raptor. Diesel felt comparable with all the torque. It actually rode way smoother than I expected for a heavy duty. I was impressed. Unlike my truck I'm happy it has wireless charging. About time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200309-183628_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-183628_Gallery.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 73

phsycle

Adventurer
As the title states- anyone buy a Tremor yet?

The lease is up on my F150 in July and I am seriously thinking about buying one. I've only seen one on the roads and it looks great. Hoping to find one at a dealer to test drive sometime in the next month or two.

If you can handle the size and MPG, I think it’d be an awesome truck. I would love it but can’t fit it in my garage.

yfarm

Observer
My issue is I dont want a crew cab short bed which is the only cab and bed combination available. Plan to order supercab shortbed 7.3 and visit Carli.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
In my case the tremor is a good compromise to where I don't feel I have to do any modifications to it. I want my factory warranty and no questions about the dealership performing the warranty work. I have great luck with all my vehicles ?.
This.

This truck has everything I would want to do to a truck and it comes with a warranty. Add a shell to it and I'd be done. MPG wont be to much of an issue for me I don't think.

I'd go with the 7.3 over the diesel because I don't really want or need a diesel. Getting a brand new untested engine makes me a bit nervous tho.

What I want is a truck that will do everything for me and my growing family.

phsycle

Adventurer
I'm curious what the spec are on the F150 you're leasing currently. I'm assuming it's a newer model, since you're leasing.

Do you find anything lacking currently? Hauling or towing? Interior shouldn't matter, since the Super Duty has the same cabin.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'm curious what the spec are on the F150 you're leasing currently. I'm assuming it's a newer model, since you're leasing.

Do you find anything lacking currently? Hauling or towing? Interior shouldn't matter, since the Super Duty has the same cabin.
2018 F-150 STX 2.7L 2WD extended cab. The truck in my Avatar finally pooped on me after 250k and the local ford dealer had an ad for $189 a month for 2 years with 4k down. It was too good to pass up so I jumped on it.
I have towed with it numerous times, hauled loads to the dump and gone camping and its a fantastic truck. And its fast as hell for a truck. The 10 speed is amazing, too. Reason I want a 2020 instead of a 19 F250 is for the 10 speed.

If I cant get the deal I want on a tremor I will 100% go for an 18 or newer F150 FX4.

phsycle

Adventurer
You said growing family, so I'm assuming you'll jump to a Super Crew as well.

Pricing will be a factor (unless that's not an issue for you). Tremor will probably not be discounted as much, and it's more expensive to start with. If I price one out, it's at least $55k with essentially no options other than the Tremor package.

F150 XLT with FX4 would be $8k less MSRP, but most likely around $40k purchase price. If buying used, most likely in the mid $30k's.

It sounds like the 1/2 ton is working for you. I'd stick with an F150. XL, rear locker, STX package, 36 gal tank. $33k. Done.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
As much as I'd love a Tremor, I could get a decently equipped F150 for about 20K less. Apples to oranges? Maybe. I kinda wish you could get a Tremor with the 6.2 and 10 speed too....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles