Anyone bring firearms with them on trips?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Robthebrit said:
That I 100% agree with, I am sure if I grew up here I would have a very different view on guns. They are just something you don't see in the UK, however a few people do have shotguns, farmers in particular.

I did find it funny that you learnt to handle a gun in Boy Scouts, I learnt how to make a fire! It is encouraging to see that most of you guys who do carry guns have a long history with guns and some decent traning. This is another reason why I will never have one, I probably shoot mysel with it.

Rob

tongue in cheek alert! ........:camping: :REOutCampFire03: :REOutShootinghunter :REExeSwimmingHL: :REOutArchery02: :ar15:

In the Boy Scouts I learned about setting things on fire, shooting holes in everything with arrows, cutting things up with knives, hacking things to bits with an axe and maybe a little about firearms. Therefore we should conclude that we have to eliminate the Boy Scout organization to reduce our "culture of violence", right?

Skillet

Adventurer
teotwaki said:
tongue in cheek alert! ........:camping: :REOutCampFire03: :REOutShootinghunter :REExeSwimmingHL: :REOutArchery02: :ar15:

In the Boy Scouts I learned about setting things on fire, shooting holes in everything with arrows, cutting things up with knives, hacking things to bits with an axe and maybe a little about firearms. Therefore we should conclude that we have to eliminate the Boy Scout organization to reduce our "culture of violence", right?

:lurk:

asteffes

Explorer
teotwaki said:

When you grow up with these activities, they don't seem nearly as scary, dangerous or violent. You learn to respect them and the taboo is lost. We don't need more gun control... we need more kids to grow up with campfires, knives, arrows, axes, firearms and the overall sense of respect and maturity that naturally grows from such activities.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
teotwaki said:

In the Girl Scouts I learned how to sew (really - we made hot pads).

I like guns better.

gjackson

FRGS
When you grow up with these activities, they don't seem nearly as scary, dangerous or violent. You learn to respect them and the taboo is lost.

If only this country could extend that view to alcohol. . .I'm all for advocating personal responsibility, but if you are going to do it, do it across the board.

cheers

big sky trapper

Adventurer
Ive been reading this one for a while...Yes I carry every day between work and then out and about. But most of my activities keep me in extreme back country area's. But suprisingly my biggest concern isnt 4 legged critters (including grizzlies) But the two legged variety.

...growing up in montana...your pretty much on your own so firearms play a significant role in our own personal veiw of "deterance".

I am perfectly at ease with any weapon and so is my misses and all our kiddo's

Its just another tool to get the job at hand done. (the same to me as sliders, a winch, good sleeping bags ect)

As quoted in some other interesting post ... "Its for the saftey and security of my familly"....

GeoRoss

Adventurer
DesertRose said:
You met our neighbors, Ross! (We live just north and west of Arivaca as the crow flies, just south of 3Points)

I'm glad someone said this, finally! I've been trying to get that point across, too.

:hehe:

The meth cookers I met were in the San Pedro Valley. I assume they were cookers based on teeth condition and twitchyness. They were awfully jumpy.

erin

Explorer
I totally agree BST, just another tool, just like pepper spray, tazers, and such. Like I have always told people when working in this field who were unsure or skittish about guns, but also desired the ability to protect themselves or their families, it is just an object, it is the person weilding it that ultimately decides how it will be used. Funny how that is pretty much sums up about anything people decide to use for themselves nowadays, cars, equipment, alchlol, drugs, etc. Anyone of these items incorrectly used could vegatively affect other people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94