Anyone attending Rovers at Wintergreen?

ApexRex

I’ll be heading up to RAW in my RRC, wondering if anyone here is going? Any advice for a first timer? Things to bring, places to avoid? I generally know the area being from Richmond, but will be brand new to the event.

Looking forward to it and will be bringing my two older kids (4 and 7) so things won’t get out of hand. They love the Classic (and my LR3) and I’m excited for them to get more introduced into the hobby.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I am
Super laid back event.
Depending on what trails you go on I would recommend Diff guards and rock sliders.

rlynch356

Defyota
I'll be there as well. (white D90), for an LR3 doing the moderate trails, Sliders if you have them but more don't have a lot of stuff on the roof. The trails we use are actually hiking trails we maintain for wintergreen so some parts are tight. awnings and stuff hanging off the side racks get hung up. The conditions are really variable (it snowed on us last year) so good tires are recommended. Also for an LR3 a gap tool is always a good thing to have in your glove box.

Al Blue4.6l

I'll be there in my LR3. Last year's RAW was my first offroading trip. I only did the easy trails, but it is really a great group of folks.

I put sliders, a TR bumper and winch on recently and am looking forward to the intermediate trails this year.

Photo of truck attached. Look forward to meeting everyone.

(I'm from Midlothian)

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_174322.jpg
    IMG_20190317_174322.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 28

morrisdl

Adventurer
GAP is always a good suggestions. This is close to home for me and I have always wanted to go...Ill try my best to be there. My neighbor has a stock LR3, Are there any easy-enough trails for that?

Ray_G

Explorer
GAP is always a good suggestions. This is close to home for me and I have always wanted to go...Ill try my best to be there. My neighbor has a stock LR3, Are there any easy-enough trails for that?

It's a great event, and yes, there are stock friendly trails that an unmodified LR3 can easily do.

Where you run into danger is the moderate groups...mostly b/c folks who likely shouldn't be in that group end up ego'ing in...so if you roll with those expect to use the suite of recovery gear and spotting. I don't say that disparagingly-simply as a long term observation from a lot of events, not just RAW.

We are sadly out this year.

rlynch356

Defyota
Not sure which group i'll roll with this year, either medium or advanced... advanced is fun (40 degree downslope .. anyone :))

ApexRex

Looking forward to this weekend, last I checked there was a little rain in the forecast but otherwise looks pretty promising.

I think we’ll definitely be splitting off Friday evening to Devils Backbone for dinner, and not sure about Saturday afternoon. Play it by ear I guess.

Now this week I’ve got to figure out why the Classic won’t start - I think I’ve got it and it won’t be an issue, but if it happens to still be misbehaving by Friday I’ll come up in the LR3.

Here’s the classic I’ll be in, those of you attending be sure to say hello!

22a3a7b563e019b03c5868b7a8e0f27a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ApexRex

Just kidding. My Classic won’t start and I don’t have time to figure it out before this weekend. I’ll be there in my LR3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morrisdl

Adventurer
Ill be there Sat for the morning ride...Looking forward to my 1st RAW! Safe (and reliable) travels everyone.

I had this happen this week - Luckily in my garage and not on the trail!
Everyone knows true Rovers leak ;-)

Al Blue4.6l

It's a great event, and yes, there are stock friendly trails that an unmodified LR3 can easily do.

Where you run into danger is the moderate groups...mostly b/c folks who likely shouldn't be in that group end up ego'ing in...so if you roll with those expect to use the suite of recovery gear and spotting. I don't say that disparagingly-simply as a long term observation from a lot of events, not just RAW.

We are sadly out this year.

Ray, sorry you had to miss it - but you are a fortune teller.

That said, we had some awesome spotting today and most folks cruised on through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz