Anyone activate a Garmin Inreach device since the hack?

roving1

I bought an explorer plus a few months ago but I was too cheap to activate it until closer to my travels. But about when I was going register and activate was the same time as the hack. So not so much for doing that then. Wondering if anyone has activated and used one recently? How did it go? Has the troubles caused your device to stop working in the field or suffer any problems?

jeepers29

I was thinking of getting one of these to compliment our soon to be here GMSR radio. do you have any info on the hack, maybe a link to article?

jgaz

Adventurer
I’m not familiar with the hack. Info?
When you say activate, you referring to initially putting it Into service correct?

Thankfully I’ve never had to use my SOS feature. I did use the preloaded text message feature last week and everything worked fine.

roving1

The hack that occurred makes no difference to your product activation. Either the services are up and working, or they're not. Right now they are, so go for it.

That's just it I got registered and now my password doesn't work and won't reset as I was doing it as all this was going down initially. I never made it all the way through activation. I gave up until things settled down as there was literally no way to contact support because it was all down. Emails just bounced. So yeah it kinda did matter.

Relevant link for those asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior