Anybody use a Firedisc?

tx-jeremy

I’ve seen them at Bucees here in Texas. They look nice but I’ve got a 16” freestanding discada and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntsonora

Explorer
So based on this price would it be worth buying? I’m curious about the quality

Attachments

• 8497333D-E50F-45C0-BAE8-044E041FA7BD.png
    8497333D-E50F-45C0-BAE8-044E041FA7BD.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 92571B69-6A1B-4631-A4E0-53E3BBA72047.png
    92571B69-6A1B-4631-A4E0-53E3BBA72047.png
    951.1 KB · Views: 21

Scoutman

Explorer
A buddy of mine bought one after falling in love with my discada and Skottle. It's a nice piece of gear and seems to be high quality from what I've seen of it. The lip around the edge is nice for piling up more food but makes it more challenging transferring food to a bowl or just flicking out bits on cleanup. The legs come apart into 2 halves and they do take up a lot of room for storage. The burner seemed nice and even with good flame control.

For the money I'd probably pass but to each their own. I love both of my disc based cookers and they each have their place in my kit.

It all depends on...
-how much you're willing to spend
-whether you have the time/resources to make your own
-how compact you want this for packing
-what size group you plan to cook for (most times)

If you're wanting something for the patio, home based group cooking, and have the money to spend this would be a nice addition. If you're wanting something for the family/small groups to take in the back of your SUV/pickup camping/overlanding with a bunch of other gear then I'd probably get or make a skottle (or similar sized cooking devise).

huntsonora

Explorer
A buddy of mine bought one after falling in love with my discada and Skottle. It's a nice piece of gear and seems to be high quality from what I've seen of it. The lip around the edge is nice for piling up more food but makes it more challenging transferring food to a bowl or just flicking out bits on cleanup. The legs come apart into 2 halves and they do take up a lot of room for storage. The burner seemed nice and even with good flame control.

For the money I'd probably pass but to each their own. I love both of my disc based cookers and they each have their place in my kit.

It all depends on...
-how much you're willing to spend
-whether you have the time/resources to make your own
-how compact you want this for packing
-what size group you plan to cook for (most times)

If you're wanting something for the patio, home based group cooking, and have the money to spend this would be a nice addition. If you're wanting something for the family/small groups to take in the back of your SUV/pickup camping/overlanding with a bunch of other gear then I'd probably get or make a skottle (or similar sized cooking devise).

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! The $289 price point was attractive but wanted to get advice from somebody that had used one. I think the skottle will be more useful for me. Thanks again

Ragman

I have the Gwok version that is similar to skittle. It is well made and works great for what it is. They take up a big footprint when transporting and I would likely not take it on a long trip where items need to be chosen carefully but for a weekender it is a fine frying device with lots of room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz